Chapter 1: living in her shadow

Mackenzie's POV

I glance over at Maddie at the popular table. Her hair is back in a tight high ponytail and she's wearing her cheer captain uniform. I'm over here eating lunch envying my older sister.

You see, the 6th graders are with the 8th graders during lunch due to the shortage of students. My sister is the queen bee of school. She's flawless. She's cheer captain, she's Abby's favorite, and she's always the lead in every play! I'm the Ziegler that no one knows of.

I eat my sandwich looking at everyone else who's sitting in a table with other people.

I look down at my phone and see a text from my mom," sorry sweetie can't pick you up today Maddie has cheer, take the bus plz! Lov ya!"

Of course it's always about Maddie. I close my phone (yup it's a flip phone, while Maddie has an IPhone 6!) and sob into my hands. Of course no one notices, and it's like I'm a ghost and no one can see me.

__________________________

The bell rings and I finally can go home. I'm so exhilarated, I forgot that I have to take the bus. Great! Now I'm going to sit by myself while people talk about me behind my back! I go all the way to the back of the bus and put my earbuds in to tune everyone out.

_________________________

"Good Night Kenzie Boo." My mom says when she tucks me in. She treats me like a newborn and I can't stand it! I peer out to my window and I see a shooting star. I close my eyes and wish that I didn't have sister, and I was the most popular girl in school.

I close my eyes and dream of my wish coming true. Suddenly, my alarm clock goes off and I'm depressed because my dream is over.

AN: ( starting a new book! I'm really excited about this one, because it's based off Kenzie! I'm going to update one or twice a week, most likely on the weekends. Also if you like this check out my other books. I truly appreciate every single read, and I hope you enjoy my stories. Thank you!)