Chapter 2: Be Careful What you Wish for

I change into a pink sweater that says, " on Wednesdays we Wear Pink," and I throw on a pair of jeans. At breakfast I dwell on the fact that the shooting star was a myth and I'm going to be in Maddie's shadow forever.

After about five minutes in of eating my breakfast, I wonder where Maddie is.

"Mom where is Maddie?" I ask.

"Maddie Ziegler? The one who has the same last name?"

"Yea what else?" I replied. This conversation was making me perplexed.

"You guys aren't exactly friends remember?" Did my mom hit herself in the head. Sure we fight, but she's still my sister.

"She's my sister! Why isn't she here?"

"Kenzie did you hit your head again? You're an only child." That moment it occurred to me that the wish had came true! Now that I think about it I utterly regret it.

"You're going to be LATE!" My mom yells and I scramble out the door and wait for my bus.

_________________________

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! It's Mackenzie she's right there!" Heather Allen screams. I could get used to this. Heather is a PPSG (pretty, popular, snobby girl) that is usually mean to the others. Not me since I'm not noticeable.

"Hi." I say confidently.

"Sit with us please!" She begs. I sit down to Heather and Gabriela Allen the two popular twins. I face Maddie and she's miserable. She's all alone and gently, ever so gently tearing up. I feel a rush of guilt, but it's what I had to deal with.

Heather actually isn't so awful and despicable as I thought. We actually share a lot of things in common. She dances and loves music. She gives me her number and I feel pretty good.

__________________________

I get picked up right after school, which I wouldn't mind taking the bus now. When I walk out of school I see Maddie walking to the bus with her head low and she has earbuds.

"Maddie! Hey Maddie!" I yell. She looks up and her face is like she just got a puppy.

"Mackenzie Ziegler hi!" Wow I did not see that coming. If I ever said hi to Maddie during school hours, she would give me the evil glare and then pretend she heard nothing.

I walk to my mom's car and the first thing she asks is how was school. I say the usual good and I text Heather. This is how it must feel to have friends. We are suppose to go shopping this weekend, which I couldn't wait! I never went shopping alone, in fact the only time I ever go shopping is with my mom! This was going to be the best day ever!