chapter 27

"remember to come visit soon"

mar gave me a last tight hug and shook the boys' hands. we were at the airport and mar was about to go back to ottawa. "yesterday was amazing thank you, te quiero mamas" "i love you too"

he took his suitcase and started to make his way to the gates. i continued waving goodbye until i couldn't see him anymore, then i felt a feeling of sadness, like a hard bang to my chest. he's gone again.

alvaro hugs me and i didn't speak the whole ride back home. "you wanna go to wendy's?" alejandro asked and i nodded "sure"

when we entered wendy's i saw that robert, mattia and kairi was already there. "um why is pinto there?" i asked turning to ale. he shrugged "guess he wanted to tag along" he knew i didn't like pinto. "you guys go ahead first, i'll catch up" i smile and they nod.

i go out to the parking lot and just enjoyed the silence for a bit. these past couple days has been crazy. mar's words echoed through my head as i remember everything in ottawa. i missed it the most out of all my homes these past years. i miss my ottawa boys and my girl friends there. i was barely in touch with anyone there anymore. i just sat there reminiscing every ottawa memory i had while remembering some things from LA too. i haven't called jules in a while, i should later on tonight. i should hit up samy too and ash and anthony and elissa damn i need to check up on my friends again.

"you've been here for 20 minutes already, you coming in?" i turn to see mattia and i roll my eyes. "why did they send you out of all people?" he sighs and sits next to me on the pavement. "they wanted to leave you alone, i didn't" he said looking towards the passing cars i was staring at for the past 20 minutes. "should've followed their lead" he shrugged. "pinto is gonna leave soon anyway so, plus i bet you're hungry"

i turn to him "do you think what happened in the classroom made any difference to our friendship?" i asked genuinely wanting to know what his whole deal is. "i mean yeah, didn't we talk about it" i shook my head. "wasn't a big deal compared to-" but before i could finish he cuts me off "listen i know this whole school year has been confusing and crazy, specially our relationship" he said, relationship? ok then "and i don't deserve a second chance actually make that a 100th chance, because i fucked up so many times, but i want to start again, this whole friendship, relationship whatever it is, i want it to start over" he said still looking at me not breaking eye contact.

"please"

i sigh and look at him. "it doesn't matter if u want to start again, it won't be the same as day one" and he nodded "i understand that, i know i have to fix things and all that shit but i really do want to start over, and you know what i mean by that"

"so what do you say?" he says after a few minutes of silence. i turn to the restaurant and see the boys laughing as pinto was leaving the restaurant. i catch alejandro's eye and he smiles at me, kairi who was next to him signalled me to come over. i smile and turn back to mattia,holding a hand out for him to shake

"hi my name is mariana. what's yours?"

i see his face light up and a huge smile starting to form.

"mattia"

(a/n : hii this is the end of the book! i hope you guys liked it. jk i might make a sequel book or add a last chapter that shows their relationship in the future, or maybe graduation day? idkidk. or i might be lazy as fuck and just leave it at this. thank you so so much for 100k+ reads did NOT expect that at all when i started this. am beyond grateful for every single one of you who read this shitty ass book. n e ways comment what yal want next maybe? and i'll think of doing it. suggestions and plot ideas are appreciated. much love -M)