chapter 14

M A T T I A
"i really like her"

"then why do you treat her like shit you asshole" alejandro shakes his head at me. "because i don't know how to talk to her without making things awkward so i tease her and stuff" the boys just don't understand. "now she's hanging out with mar all the time and it irritates me because he's so natural about it" i complain, "that's because they've known each other since she lived in canada you shithead" kairi says. "alex and alvaro get along with her fine" i object not wanting to believe that i was the problem. "that's because we don't get hard every time we see her bumblefuck" alejandro laughs.

"i don't get hard what the fuck" i push him off the bed. "sure". i really don't know what i'm gonna do. "do you think she likes me too?" i ask making them all look at me. they all shrug except for kairi who tensed up, he does that when he knows something. "what do you know shorty?" i pull him by his hoodie. "i don't know shit" he says not even making eye contact. "cut the bullshit kairi, what do you know?" he tries to push me off but fails horribly. "let go and i'll tell you" he sighs. i let go of him and wait for his response "she does bro, but you such a salty motherfucker she probably doesn't anymore" he says fixing his hoodie back again.

"shit" i mumble. "that's right so try and talk to her at the pool or something tomorrow" alejandro suggests. "it'll be awkward" i said a little irritated of my inability to talk to her. "tell her it's cold or something i don't know" i heard ale add on. "maybe grab her and play around?" kairi suggests too. "yeah i'll try that"

;
M A R I A N A
"then he said i felt cold"

"like what the fuck?" i rant to kairi about the pool incident three days ago. "he's just awkward around people he likes" kairi says. "does he know that you told me he likes me?" i ask raising an eyebrow. "ye-yeah" he stutters. "do i know that you told him i like him?" i ask again "pfft what? i didn't tell him anything" he avoids eye contact. "kai!" i shout pushing him. "look you said you don't like him anymore" he defends himself "i dont" yes i do. what the hell now i'm bipolar. "then? why do you care?" he asks. i start to bite my nails a little nervous of him finding out. "maybe i do like him" i confess. "but he's an asshole" kairi says smirking at me. "i know it's just" i start but i couldn't finish my sentence. "called it" kairi said satisfied at his predictions.

"oh shut up" i said a little pissed. "you didn't even last a year" he said shaking his head. "why did i hang out with you again?" i ask him getting up. "because you love me" he smiles while getting the remote control "fifa?"

;

i was making pancakes downstairs at alejandro's house at 11pm when i hear someone clear their throat. i turn around to see mattia "hey, you came down here to be an asshole?" i ask flipping the pancake i was cooking. "no" he mutters simply. "you know what let's get it over with, hi mattia, hi marii you're ugly and a bitch, i hate you mattia, no i hate you marii, asshole, slut" i repeat the script of our every fight. "you don't have to be so fucking negative" he says in an irritated tone. i laugh sarcastically "you're funny" i mumble, pouring more pancake mix into the pan. "look i'm so- i wanna apologi- i-" my eyes widen as i realised he was trying to say sorry. i wasn't facing him but i could tell he was nervous

"why so nervous polibio? where's that guy that said hate sex is fun?" i turn around and see him shocked at my statement. "not the time to be freaky right now" he said regaining his confidence. "have you gone soft on me big boy mattia?" i teased knowing it'd piss him off. "shut up" he said nearly walking away. "look i came down here to see if you want to go to the diner tomorrow" he said in a now angry tone. "sure" i answered putting the last pancake on the plate. "ok see you there at 3" he said before taking off upstairs. talk about character development,damn.