chapter 9

the bell rings

and i hear kairi's "WOO!" before grabbing his bag and running out the lab, followed by a thunder of footsteps. it's finally summer break and everyone can't wait to get out of this hell house. i shake my head at kairi and get up. alejandro wasn't in class today because he said there was no use coming anyway. so i made my way out the class, alone in the hallways. i decided i'd only take books for summer reading home then leave out my others textbooks in my locker.

"hey" i turn to see robert and smile. "hey there" "you heading to your locker" i nod. he follows me and doesn't say anything at first. "the boys are all meeting up at the diner later you should come" he smiles. "yeah sure" we both walk towards my locker and i take out books i need and keep away books i don't (a/n : guys do you throw books out during summer break? idk how this works) i close my locker and see robert staring at me a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

"what?" i ask standing there. it was already a little quiet since most of the people in school already left. "i heard what happened between you and mattia last night" he said laughing a little. "nothing happened last night" i shrug, pushing him to start walking. "come on, we were all there" he said stopping. i look at him and sigh "mattia is a bipolar piece of shit, he doesn't mean anything good he says to me" then i continued walking leaving him to chase after me. "you don't know that" he frowns. "oh yeah? one time during that charity event we all held for the soccer team, he told me he liked my hair in braids and i looked pretty. then when the others turned up he said i looked like cindy loo from the grinch and proceeded to make fun of my nose" robert laughs a little "that was one time" he said which made me shake my head "another time i went over to alex's to drop off homework he left at my house and mattia was there. alejandro was in the bathroom and mattia told me i looked cute then after 5 minutes threw a whole ass book on my head and said 'ugly betty looking headass' " i cross my arms seeing if he was convinced but he just continued laughing.

"both of you are the same" he says. "what do you mean?" "you hurt his feelings too you know? you remember one time at the diner he was trying to get with the new waitress and ask her number then you said he had 5 other girlfriends and asked why he wanted another one INFRONT of the waitress" he laughs. "that was a joke" "so is everything he's doing to you" i look at him and refused to believe anything he says. "both of you are childish that's all, none of you want to lose" i turn to him again and he lifts his hands up "it's only facts, don't come at me" i keep quiet and continued walking, remembering what happened last night.

;

"marii! i'm glad you could make it" ale says hugging me. "i literally live next door, i come over all the time" i roll my eyes and he laughs "i'm just playing" i sit on his bed and earn a knock on the head from roshaun "what was that for?" he crosses him arms and stares at me. "did i do something?" he points at my ass and i realise i sat on his papers. "oh my i'm so sorry" i laugh getting up and flattening the papers. "that was my summer reading for english" he pouts. "i'm sorry" i hug his head and he swats me away. we all hang around and laugh from time to time before alvaro calls me over downstairs. "what's up cute face" he smiles "mattia wants to meet you in the kitchen" i look at him weird and shrug "okay" i go to the kitchen and grab a water bottle from the fridge when i see mattia standing by the sink. "you called?" he nods.

"for?" he stays silent just looking at me. "look if you're going to be weird and all i'm leaving" i start to walk away when he pulls my wrist back "dont fucking walk away when we're about to have a conversation" i roll my eyes at his statement and lean on the sink. "talk" i demand getting a little impatient since i was supposed to make a tiktok with kai. "do you wanna fuck ale or something?" he asks which made my heart stop for a second. "what the hell mattia" i step away a little but he takes a step forward. "why are you always around us?" i take another step back "because those boys upstairs are my friends" i state a little intimidated but tried really hard not to show it. he takes another step forward. "who are you planning to get with first?" he starts to lower the volume of his voice. "i'm not getting with anyone you ass" i take another step back mindlessly not even realising i'm showing signs of fear.

"kairi says you like me" he takes another big step forward. i stuttered a little and couldn't form words. that's when he started to smile "damn do you?" i regain my balance since i realised my legs getting a little shaky. i breathe in and pushed him back "listen you egotistical idiot, i don't like you the slightest bit" i push him again "and i'm not a slut, i love all those boys upstairs because they're my friends" i push him again "and i don't wanna get in everybody's pants like you" i push him again, this time his back hits the counter. he charges at me and chokes me, his grip slowly cutting off my airway. "don't push me around, i'm not alvaro" he stares at me for a bit then stares at my lips before letting me go. i gasp a little for air then glare at him "i hate you so much" i mumble. he laughs and pushes past me then turns around just to say "hate sex is fun"