chapter 8

"kairi no"

i give him a warning before i see him grab the ladder and try to let it reach alejandro's window ledge across from my window. "you'd never know" he turns and gives me a small wink. "your little ass cant carry a ladder" i turn around to see mattia at my doorway. "what the fuck" i mumble, these past couple of days consisted of him getting on my nerves and being a complete asshole but i'm not reminiscing any of it because it's not important "what are you doing in my house?" i walk towards him angrily but he doesn't move. "your mom let me in, even told me i was a nice boy" he laughed then pushed past me making me stumble while he makes his way to kairi. he takes the ladder out kai's hand and balanced it on my and ale's window ledges.

i go downstairs leaving them to their stupid plan and make my way to my mom. "oh hi sweetie, your other friend just came and-" "he's not my friend mom why'd you let him in?" i whine a little. she gasps "is he dangerous?" "no but he's a pain in the ass" she glares at me "sorry" i mumble. "isn't he friends with the others?" i nod at her question. "maybe he's a pain because he likes you" she winks. i let out an ugly laugh "there's a difference between teasing and hatred and i clearly see which is which in this situa-" i got cut off by kairi shouting "yes!" i roll my eyes "you should go check on them" my mom laughs getting back to whatever she was cooking.

i walk back up the stairs and to my horror kairi is on the ladder trying to cross from my window to alejandro's window while mattia sits at the side laughing and taking a video. "kai! what the hell, if you fall you'll die" i shout, panicking a little. "calm down, get that stick out your ass" mattia says lowly. "speak up i can't hear you" i state still keeping my eyes on kairi. "i said get that stick out your ass" he stands up and towers over me but i couldn't care less still eyes on kairi as he slowly knocks on alejandro's window, both feet balancing on each side of the ladder. "please don't die" i mutter under my breath then remember i was talking to mattia. i pat his chest "that's great bud" forgetting what he was saying as i see alejandro opening his curtain and his eyes widened as he sees kairi floating.

he opens his window slowly "what the fuck is going on? you're gonna die bro" i hear kairi let out a huge laugh before jumping into alejandro's room. he waves at me happily and shouts "escape route baby" and punches the air. i shake my head again "you're never coming over again" i shout back. "i know you care about me" he winks. "hey ale" i wave and he waves back then squints. "is- is that mattia?" he asks confused. "fuck outta here" i hear from mattia before i could answer alejandro as he closed the window and my curtains then just cannonballs on my bed.

"you have got to be kidding me right?" he looks up at me "no?" he looks around my room "you need led lights for vibes" "ok tiktok boy" he flips me off and rolls his eyes. "you're fucking annoying" he mumbles. "good get out" i said. ale's words don't fight fire with fire rings through my conscious but i didn't really care anymore. "fine, you're a pain in the ass anyway. roshaun is the one who talked me into coming here to 'make amends' with you" he makes quotation fingers when he says make amends then leaves my room through the window ladder thing they made.

i sit on my bed and recollect myself. why do i even let them come over? i should've said no to kairi yesterday at the diner. "why?" i jump at kairi's voice. "was i thinking out loud?" i ask and he nods. "because of your crazy shenanigans" i laugh helping him get the ladder back inside. "but you love my shenanigans" he frowns. "i do but i don't like it when others are in danger" "i didn't fall right?" i nod. "that's that, you should try the ladder sometime. it's fun" he smiles. "wanna go get pizza? alvaro is coming with" he asks. "sure but can we go to the arcade later?" i put the ladder back in my closet. "yeah, by the way, why was mattia here? don't you guys have like beef or sumn?" he fixes his hair a little. "it doesn't matter, i don't like him at all" "oh come on, give him a chance" "i did and in case you forgot kairi, he literally made me fall last week, now come on i'm hungry "