chapter 5

where is kairi?

he literally got on the bus with me yesterday. he cant hold a grudge this long. it wasnt even that big of a deal. the bus was gonna come soon and i got worried. about 10 minutes later the bus pulls up and i see kairi running to the bus stop. i wait for him but he just runs right pass me into the bus.

i shake my head and go to sit next to him. he looks out the window and i laugh to myself. "hey" ignored. "why are you so mad at me? amanda started it, and what about alejandro? you talk to him" still ignored. "kai? kaaiiiirii" i poke his side and see him smile a little. "come on you know i like your company more than alejandro's" he turns to me finally "really?" he asks "AHAH i got you" i laugh, "whatever" "i was kidding, yes i mean that" he smiles then starts talking about their hang out yesterday. he didn't stop talking until we reached school and got off the bus.

"sounds like you guys had fun" i said walking next to him. "yeah all the time,you should've been there" i shake my head. "give me time, it's only my second day" he nods and we walk to the lockers.

the boys are hanging out near alvaro's locker so naturally we walk over there. i didn't have any other friends yet so i stuck with what i already had. roshaun was showing me stupid videos they were making yesterday and i couldn't stop laughing "you guys have tiktok? i thought that was like for musically or something" they all looked at me shocked. "you should download it, it's fun" alejandro says and i nod "i will when i get home"

i feel a tap on my shoulder so i turn and see gino "hey you" i smile. "hey, i'm on my way to class, wanna walk with?" he wasn't much of a talker yesterday so i was shocked but agreed anyway. "i'll see you guys later"

"so you like hanging out with only boys or?" he asks which made me look at him weird. "they're nice, and i don't really have any friends that are girls yet" i explain making him nod. "i have some girls in my friend group, you can come sit with us at lunch if you want, plus you don't wanna be associated with those boys, people stare for a reason" he says that like it was nothing. no context no explanation. "so you're saying i should stay away from them?" i raised an eyebrow. "that's your choice i'm just warning you" he shrugs. what did they do? was it a good choice not going over to ale's yesterday.

;

the bell rings and it was lunch. i got my food and started to find a seat. i remember what gino told me earlier and tried to make a decision in my past classes before lunch. i wanted to make more friends but i also love the boys' company. i make eye contact with alvaro and he flashes me a big smile waiting for me to come over but i turn my head to the right to see gino already saving a seat for me and about 3 girls sitting there. i mean it wouldn't hurt to make new friends right? i make my way to gino's table but not before catching kairi's eye, he sees what i'm about to do and shakes his head, with a serious face on. so i stood there in the middle of the cafeteria like a complete idiot.

my phone chimes and i get a text from mattia again
mattia : dont do it seen

i look left and right before i feel a tap on my shoulder. i turn around to see devyn and i smile. "you okay?" she asks. "yeah i just" then i glance at the two tables again. "i get it, we have a free seat" she points at her table and it's a table of girls. "maybe you know get some girl friends?" she smiles. "i'd like that a lot" i wave at the boys and didn't glance at gino's table because i already felt the cold stares.

alejandro🥰 added you in a group
alvaro💕: hey how come ur sitting there?

mariana : i wanted to make some girl friends is that ok?

alejandro 🥰 : you can do wtv u want

mariana: i'll see u after school

mattia : 🙄

alejandro🥰 : see you