5.3| DECISIONS.

Chapter dedication: CoffeeCommunity

Song of recommendation for the chapter: Black mail - Robert Palmer. 🎧🎶

*

Lee was being examined by Dr. Smith when Carson, Lark and Millie walked into the room with bags that produced smells that made her mouth water and her stomach growl.

Dr. Smith laughed as she draped her stethoscope around her neck. "That's a good sign, Ms. Arden. You need all the food you can get in you."

Lee winced. "I hope I can keep it down is all. It's as if I have a stomach bug that wouldn't let me keep food down, even the smell of the coffee I love makes me puke my guts out."

"Ah, did you not do any test?" Dr. Smith asked, her brows raised when Lee shook her head. "Oh."

"Am I in danger or something?" Lee tried to meet Sutton's eyes, but her sister adverted her gaze purposely. She knew instantly that something was up. "Is that it?"

Dr. Smith shook her head with a gentle smile. "Unless a baby becomes a life threatening disease, I'm afraid not."

Unless a baby. . . Oh. A baby?!

Lee pressed her hand to her stomach with a gasp. She was pregnant?

Holy shit!

The monitors began to beep like crazy which made Dr. Smith frown at her. "Ms. Arden, you have to calm down or I will have the nurses sedate you. Your baby is still fragile as you are and you don't need stress right now. I am going to ask you to take deep breaths and release them quickly, okay?"

Lee nodded. She followed the doctor's breathing pattern until her heart didn't feel like it would pump right out of her chest and the monitors settled into a normal beeping rhythm.

"That's good. I suggest you see the resident OBYGYN." A beeping sound came from her pocket. She dug it out of her lab coat and sighed. "I have to go now, but I will be back in two hours to check up on you. In the meantime, you can eat, but not something too heavy, but just enough to get your body reacquainted with food again. We gave you something for the nausea, so you should be fine."

When Dr. Smith left the room, Lark and Millie sat on the right side of the bed, each of them wearing a worried and relieved look. Lee smiled up at them.

"Hell, Lee. Thank God you're fine now." Millie reached for her hand with a happy sigh. "I was so worried when you went into shock yesterday."

Lee squeezed her hand. "I am fine now, I promise."

Lark shook her head. "No. I won't take your word for it, Ledia, not until you get help. The last time you told us you were 'okay' and we believed you. See where that got us."

"Yes," Carson said. "You are getting help either you like it or not. We can't let something happen to you now that we know you have a little one growing in there." He nodded at her belly.

Lee cleared her throat. "I wasn't expecting to get pregnant so soon, you know. I didn't even notice that I missed my period last month."

"Because you were so worried," Rainy said, her mouth twisting into a frown. "Although, I am not pleased with you getting pregnant like this. I thought you guys were safe or something?"

"We were, I promise. Except for. . ." Lee groaned as she remembered their kitchen escapade. "Fuck! It was on the night of his birthday party."

Sutton wrinkled her nose in disgust. "You should mind the way you speak now that you have a baby on the way. I won't say I am pleased about you getting pregnant like this, but you're an adult and you have the right to make your own choice. No matter what you agree to do, we will stand behind you, right guys?"