{My Hero Academia} Is Home The Safest?

"Alright, here's that latte I whipped up for you, Hails." Sero smiled as he slid the warm beverage towards her.

"Thanks, Sero." Hailey smiled, thankfully. Her eyes lit up at the froth that was dusted with chocolate. "Who would have thought you were a barista?" She joked.

"A lot of study nights give you some experience." Sero chuckled, leaning his arms against the countertop. "And my mom being picky about her own coffees." 

Hailey and Mina giggled.

"Ooh maybe you could make me some deluxe hot chocolate?" Mina remarked, cheekily.

Hailey took a sip of the heavily creamed beverage and sighed happily, content with the taste. "It takes perfect!"

"I hoped that it would, considering that you wanted so much cream and sugar that I wondered what left would be tea." Sero chuckled sheepishly.

"I like my sweet stuff, don't ridicule me." Hailey playfully glared before drinking more of her warm beverage. 

Just then Midoriya returned from taking out the trash, looking a bit perturbed.

"You okay, Izu?" Hailey asked.

"Yeah." Midoriya breathed, sitting down beside Hailey. "You look dressed up, are you going somewhere?" He inquired, noticing her attire looking not as comfortable as their classmates.

"I'm actually heading over to my house in a bit, Mr Aizawa is talking to Principal Nezu about it. I just wanna make sure things are still there and grab some stuff there." Hailey explained.

"Oh." 

"I mean it makes sense that a teacher would have to come with you." Piped in Mineta. "Considering your dad is a villain."

The other classmates gave Mineta a horrified, then angry looks.

"Really, Mineta?" 

"You don't need to remind her!"

Hailey scoffed, "Jesus, don't need to put it on blast." Then sighed, "It's fine, better than having the whole world know."

"Hailey." Midoriya attempted to comfort her by putting his hand on her shoulder.

Smiling at his actions, Hailey accepted it, "Don't worry, Izu. It's weird to think about, but it was out of my control and all there's left to do is hope that karma comes around."

"That's really mature of you." Midoriya acknowledged.

"That's my therapist talking." Hailey laughed, but then her tone was a bit more sad, "Even though I've tried to dissociate him from my life, I grew up knowing him as a good dad, then he changed.. and mom had us move to the city..I thought it would be easier, but with my luck, it really wasn't.." She trailed off, then tried to shake off the pity that her classmates were showing her with a small smile. "Of course when that karma comes around, life will start to make sense...probably."

"Jeez, you better get a break over the weekend. Let's go to the mall or something!" Mina wailed, hugging Hailey closely.

"I'd be down for that." Hailey giggled.

Then Mr Aizawa entered the room, "You ready, Roselle?" He asked.

"Yeah- I mean- yes sir!" Hailey exclaimed, chugging the rest of her coffee and shoving her phone into her back jean pocket.

(because fuck front jean pockets, right?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------