{MHA! Medieval AU}

I researched and I tried, Okay?

It had been almost an hour and a half.

Almost an entire hour and a half of standing in the prince's study. The knight watched out of the tall window at the garden for any sign of the very person that she was watch over and protect.

Not a moment later, the sounds of a hatch opening squeaked and out popped the very prince that the knight was awaiting.

As he dusted himself off, he winced as the amused tone of his knight had caught him.

"An hour and a half, you're later than usual, my prince." She smirked.

"I told you not to wait up for me, Hailey." The bicolored haired prince glared and proceeded to walk out of study, annoyed that Hailey proceeded to follow him.

"I don't know if you realize this, but it is my duty to follow you and protect you, my prince." The knight continued, this time in a more teasing tone.

"Then go fight off in one of my father's battles, I am not in need of a babysitter." The prince brushed off.

"Then you wouldn't be able to get away with your little 'expeditions'." Hailey inquired, knowingly. She glanced the halls for anyone, making sure that the secret was kept hidden from listening ears. "Besides, just because I'm one of the King's most notorious knights, doesn't mean I go off into every war. That's why I'm here protecting you, my Prince!" She grinned.

The prince sighed in what appeared to be defeat, he ran a hand through his red and white locks.

"I hate to ruin our little talk, but speaking of the King, he has requested that you see him in the throne room. From what I can guess, it'll be equivalent to the usual; Shouto becoming King, Shouto needing a wife, Shouto needing to stop arguing with me, and yada yada yada." Hailey joked, hoping to earn a smile from the heir to the throne.

Shouto rolled his eyes, annoyed at his father. Even his knight was able to summarize the tangents of King Enji that the youngest born had to endure in what seemed to be a daily basis.

"He's become so predictable." Shouto grumbled under his breath and made his way to the throne room, still being happily followed by his knight.

Upon entering the large corridors, Shouto announced his arrival.

"You wished to speak with me, father?" He questioned out loud, before bowing to the ground before the King.

"Your Grace, I have brought the prince upon your word." Hailey kneeled a little bit behind Shouto, but still on his right, her hand rested in her heart. She resisted glaring at the prince for not following the proper etiquette for addressing the King.

"It is much obliged, Marshal Roselle." King Enji acknowledged and then turned to his son, "Shouto, my blood and heir to the throne, is the very rumour of you dismissing every woman of royal blood to not being your wife of truth?" He questioned, his voice very stern and angry.

Shouto raised his head and glared at his father, "It is of truth, father! I refute marriage! I am still of young age, still inexperienced in the ideals of Kingship! How do you expect me to rule over a Kingdom that I never get to see the light of?!" He exclaimed, frustrated at the current situation that he was in.

Hailey had grown almost accustomed to the father and son's bickering of the heir's future. She understood where the both of them were coming from.

She wished that she could go back to their younger days. Where they would play with wooden swords in the courtyard, the eldest Todoroki siblings would watch and cheer the children on. Or they reenacting stories and plays of fantasies, the dragon kidnapping the princess and the prince/knight would save her. Days where neither of them worried for their future.