The New Kid

Last night I received an email from Principal Hollensburg to report to his office by 7:30. Why? I have no freaking clue, but I'm about to find out.

I walked through the doors of Harker Heights High School, home of the Knights. The very same place I've spent the last three years in, studying my ass off so that someday— someday soon — I could go far, far away from here.

The halls were quiet, as I expected being that school doesn't start for another hour. I stopped off at my newly assigned locker and placed my things in there. The clang of a locker startled me causing me to look up.

There was a boy several feet away from me with headphones in his ears looking frustrated as all get out, probably trying to figure out how to open his locker. I'd never seen him before. He was tall, with a head full of sandy blonde curls. He had on a grey and black long sleeve henley that he had pushed up to his elbows and a pair of dark washed skinny jeans.

He was highly attractive, and by highly I mean he looked god like. His jaw line was chiseled and made me think all sorts of dirty thoughts. Namely, running my tongue over it.

While lost in my thoughts I hadn't noticed him look over in my direction. Meeting his gaze he had a smirk on his face. I gasped and quickly averted my eyes. Shit. He probably thinks I'm a creep now. I rolled my eyes and closed my locker before hearing him smack his.

"Bloody freaking hell!"

His words made me stop in my tracks and close my eyes. Well fuck. Hot and British. My life truly isn't fair.

I took a deep breath and walked towards him cautiously. He groaned in frustration, "What could you possibly want?"

His rudeness radiated, and brought me back from the cloud of godlike creatures. "I was coming over to help you, but since you clearly don't need my help," I turned on my heels and headed towards the principals office. I heard another groan and a slam into his locker before rounding the corner.

He may be gorgeous, but I'll be damned if I'm talked to like that. I get enough of it from my mother, I sure as hell don't need it at school too.

As I walked into the front office Ms. Wallace was sitting on her phone, "Good morning, Lovie."

I smiled at her, "Hi, Ms. Wallace. Is Mr. Hollensburg in yet?"

She nodded, "Yeah, he's in a meeting. As soon as he's finished he will be out."

"Any idea what this is about?"

She glanced down, "New student."

I scoffed and shook my head, "Let me guess, a brooding British boy?"

She pursed her lips and and nodded at me. I groaned in response. Why me?

A few minutes later, Mr. Hollensburg's door opened and an extremely beautiful couple emerged saying their thank you's to the principal.

The blonde woman who had just emerged looked back to Mr. H, "Ezekiel is a good boy. He just— he needs some guidance." British.

I guess it makes sense that the godlike boy from the hall came from two insanely attractive people. How is that even fair? Are couples that attractive even how allowed to procreate? It's honestly not fair to the rest of us.

I scoffed under my breath, but apparently Mr. H heard me. "Ah, Ms. Boswell, come over here please." He had a large smile plastered on his face.

Mr. H had always been one of my favorite people, my freshman year he wasn't principal, he was my Geometry teacher. I struggled with geometry so I frequently spent study halls with him trying to figure out my homework.