"I have a few open spots left. Are you all by yourself?"

I nodded back. "Yep. Just me and my Pokémon." Pikachu and Luxio jumped up to say hi.

She smiled back at them, sitting beside a Pidgey herself. "It'll be a day's trip. Are you okay with that?"

"Anything if it means getting off this island."

The lady looked at me funny. "That bad, huh?"

I had panicked. "No... No, it's just... Ah, forget I said anything... Yes! I'll happily reserve a spot on the next ferry!"

"Wonderful!" She took in my information, and I had purchased a ticket for the ferry.

A stream of water suddenly struck me in the face. "No fair, Wartortle! You can't use an attack on me!" I shouted, throwing my arm forward to splash him back. Pikachu splashed us both with her tail.

After a quick water fight, we ventured deeper into the bay. I rented out some breathing equipment for myself and Pikachu. We held onto Wartortle's shell, and he dived underwater, happily leading us around. We explored a beautiful coral reef filled with life. Schools of Magikarp, Goldeen, and Seaking passed. I also discovered a new Pokémon, a red crab with large, red pincers, named Krabby. We didn't get too close though, as those pincers looked a little scary.

We tried another fun activity: surfing. A popular sport around the world, we observed lots of Trainers using their own Pokémon to ride the waves rather than boards. Pikachu and I took turns using Wartortle's back. He didn't mind at all, appreciating the chance to work on his swimming skills. He handled the waves really well, and Pikachu did too. I couldn't say the same about myself though, falling off several times. Still, we all had a lot of fun.

It didn't take long before everyone got tired of swimming, and hungry.

The three of us trudged back to our spot on the beach. Luxio watched us approach, steadily wagging his tail back and forth. Butterfree and Zubat snoozed nearby, and Pidgeotto perched atop Charmander's sandcastle, which had been completed.

"You did all of that by yourself?!"

Charmander stepped back to let us admire her work of art. The castle had many towers, spires, and turrets, at least seven, each rising taller than the last, and the details were nothing short of impressive. Windows, flags made from leaves, and a sturdy rampart going all around the property.

I slumped. "Great. My Pokémon can surf better and make better sandcastles too."

Luxio nodded his head, both of us remembering my many awful attempts to make one.

"Not helping, pal..." I turned to the group. "So, anyways, who's hungry?" They all jumped up and down, cheering at the top of their lungs. "Wow! I should've asked sooner. Well then, I'm going to get some food. You all can just stay here. I won't be too long."

Wartortle suddenly stood up, insisting he come along to help carry stuff back.

I grinned. "Not like I can refuse, I guess. Thanks."

Also, Pikachu asked me to get a specific item on our way back, besides the food.

"You want me to find a beach ball?" She nodded her head. "Well, alright, I'll see if I can find one somewhere."

Leaving Luxio in charge, Wartortle and I went to grab lunch.

I seriously underestimated the number of restaurants, cafes, food trucks and vendors parked along the beach. Anything you could imagine, you could find. Cheeseburgers, pizza, hot dogs, barbeque, seafood, and a thousand different flavors of ice cream, including wasabi and squid ink. We even found a small hut where you could smash watermelons.