Chapter 29

Lylian's POV.

I happily skipped behind Mr. Liam, humming to myself. Ohh this is gonna be fun! I can just feel it! I think? I thought. I stared at Mr. Liam's back, noticing him stiff up. He was oddly silent. I tilted my head wondering, What's up with him?

I shrugged to myself and sped up a little. All of a sudden he stopped so I quickly stopped too, so that I didn't run into him. "Why are we stopping? Are we there yet?" I asked hopeful. I quickly glanced around us, scanning for any apartments to houses. Seeing none, I looked up at him in confusion.

"Oh nothing kid, just wanted to take a little break." He answered quietly and emotionless.

Feeling a little uncomfortable, I suggested trying to lighten the mood. "Ok then... How about we go get some candy? That might give you energy!" I smiled widely as I stared at Mr. Liam.

I couldn't see what his face looked like but I can only guessed that he smiled a little.

"No thanks kid, let's just get going." He said quickly, walking off. I stared at him for a little bit before catching up with him. He stopped a few blocks away, this time in front of a brownish two story house. It had a red door and was made out of bricks.

From the two window at the bottom floor, all I could see were books. Towers of books. On the second floor window I could see a lot of weird plants. The house was elevated so there was probably a basement too and it was also probably filled to the brim with more weird stuff.

I eyed the door suspiciously and stared at it until Mr. Liam walked towards it. I stared at the plants as something moved before following him quickly. Without even knocking, he shoved the door open and walked in.

You know... I'm starting to think that this is a bad idea. Welp! It's too late now so there's no turning back! I told myself before walking into the house. Looking around, this was most likely a witch's house. The moment I stepped foot into the house, I could tell something was weird, whether it was the extra amount of magic power or the strange pull of fear.

There were books all over the floor and furniture. The polished wooden floor looked like it hasn't been swept in years. You could literally see kingdoms of dust bunnies. There was a strange green glow; maybe it was coming from the library to the left of us or from the stairs up to the right of us. The house in general was pretty dark, but lucky me can see in the dark.

I hesitantly followed closely to Mr. Liam as he scanned the whole place, picking books up and skipping a few pages before putting it down and going to the next. I also scanned through the books, immediately putting down the ones that I didn't find interesting and reading a few pages of the ones I did find interesting.

I sighed as I wondered around the living room, expecting every little nook and cranny. Tired already, I moved some books off of an armchair onto the floor before plopping down on it. I watched Mr. Liam as he searched through every single book before stopping to look at me.

"Hey kid, can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Um, sure I guess? Don't know what I could possibly tell you." I answered as the bad feeling just got worse.

"Do you happen to know anything about an incident that happened around eight years ago? In the dragon kingdoms that is?"

"I kinda do... um why are you asking all of a sudden?" I looked at him before lowering my head. I stared at the ground, watching his shadow come closer until it was right in front of me. I gulped as the fear was rising in me.

"Oh I was just wondering, why a dragon of all creatures could possibly be doing in a human kingdom? In fact, why is a dragonet so close to a dragon hunter? The same dragon hunter that killed her family?" He stated coldly.

I froze. I didn't want to look up, I could feel his stare burning into my head. I should've listened to Lloyd.

"Um... W-What are you talking about?" I stammered out.

"Oh you know exactly what I'm talking about Princess. Now I'll be nice and give you a five minute head start before killing you. Now run." He spat out venomously.

Without saying a word, I bolted for the door. I pulled on the grandly but it wouldn't budge. Panicking, I looked around before running upstairs. I ran up on all fours, heart beating. Tears were sliding down my face as I ran into a random room and locked myself in.

Breathing hard, I turned around and slid onto the floor. Quickly catching my breathe, I looked around to see that I was in a bedroom. There was a large closet and quite a few bedside tables. I quickly pushed the bedside tables in front of the door and walked into the closet.

I shut myself in there, burning myself behind the large dust clothes. I pulled my knees up and held them. I was crying, tears bursted out. I struggled to stop making noises as I took deep breathes.

Please save me Lloyd, BlackLighting, BlackRose. Anyone. I'm scared. I-I don't want to die.