drugin' | thirty seven.

Start from the beginning

"Wooooo!" Shantey heard over the instruments when she looked ahead of her to familiar faces she haven't saw in a while. She's completely shocked that she could only smile and be stuck as the Father and Daughter danced...

 She's completely shocked that she could only smile and be stuck as the Father and Daughter danced

"What the fuck are you guys doin here?" Shantey asked through her laughter.

"Keep it goin' mami!" the daughter shouted and recorded a video for her phone. Shantey continued to vocalize her lyrics and waved at them. She looked out at the wide smiles they held. Shantey finished the soundcheck for Fairplay and decided to speak to them— Nico Gutierrez and Tayler. Nico happened to be the first father figure she's ever had in her life. When she was young and pregnant, Nico lived across the street from her aunt Sunni; being the Panamanian family that raised her to embrace the Spanish side of her. And his daughter Tayler Gutierrez is a few years younger than her and she's been more of a sister than her own.

Shantey barely saw Nico because he's always stationed overseas in the Navy. For her to lay eyes on him and Tayler after a long while, she was happy they traveled so far to come see her.

She rushed off stage, pulling Nico and Tayler into a warm embrace...

"Oh my goodness, your hair!" Shantey excitedly squealed, ruffling Tayler's head full of blonde curls

"Oh my goodness, your hair!" Shantey excitedly squealed, ruffling Tayler's head full of blonde curls. "I fucking love it! And you're getting thick, you bitch."

"Me? Look at you!" Tayler beamed a smile.

"I am getting a little thick huh?" Shantey twerked lightly on Tayler. "But no foreal, let's go talk in my dressing room." She leaded them there and they plopped down the couch. Shantey lays her head against Nico as Tayler sat on the other side of him.

"I'm going to be in L.A. in the next few shows. Y'all couldn't wait?"

"I go back to base tomorrow afternoon. That's why we popped up at this one because I knew I wouldn't make it to that one." Nico enlightened receiving a head nod from Shantey. "Mama will be there." He referred to his wife.

"Really? I'm ready to see her, too."

"Your documentary... Whew!" Nico released a sharp breath. "I'm not going to lie Bebita. . . I cried."