drugin' | foreword.

March 21, 2018

               SUMMIT MALIBU

SUMMIT MALIBU. Three months Shantey has been in the rehabilitation center. Twenty seventeen of December, Shantey was forced to check into a rehab due to being found nearly dead, overdosed on Oxycodone. She has always been around near-death experiences due to growing up in a crime ridden city, but the specific near death was caused on her own. Stress of her career, motherhood, financially supporting everyone around her, had part of pushing her to take pills in order to subside the pressure. One, too many pills and bottle of Chardonnay in one night leaded her to rehab.

               Out on the balcony, Shantey was seated on the patio chair, staring at the views of Pacific Ocean and clear view of the raising sun as she leaves her drugin' shadows behind her. She had on a brown cropped hoodie, black biker shorts, and Fendi brown fur flat slides. Her small Senegalese twist rests on the right side of her face and pulled over her shoulder. Sun reflects off her black mirrored oversized aviator sunglasses.

               With the natural shade from the trees and open air, Shantey breathes in deeply and feels the rejuvenated by taking in all of the sights and sounds the ambiance offered. She listened to the sound of the door opening and seconds later closing. Footsteps approached in her direction, but her greenish and hazel eyes remained ahead of her to the ocean through the dark shades. A pair of red bottom stilettos stepped out on the balcony.

"Ledé," the brown eyes found Shantey in the patio chair, "Are you ready to go?"

Gazing the mirrored shades, Shantey stared at the slender figured woman with almond brown skin. She had on a blush Ribbed Cami top, and stone Tie Waist Skinny pants. Her natural curls touched her shoulders, framing her diamond shape face. Anissa Washington, Shantey's publicist and her maternal cousin.

"I guess so." Shantey stood from the chair, walking back into the room she's accompanied for the past three months. She spots her bodyguard, Sino, standing near the door with her luggage.

Rodrick Sino Booker was tall and muscular with toffee brown skin with a trimmed beard and a tapered, low fade. He dressed comfortably in a short sleeve and sweatpants since Shantey had given him the freedom to not dress like the men-in-black kind of bodyguard. Shantey and Sino go way back to when she was only Shantey Washington with no amount of fame or fans. Sino was one of the loyal ones that stayed solid.

"Hey, Sino," Shantey grinned, approaching him.

Sino bent slightly to hug her. "Waddup, Ledé. You ready to get outta dis mufucka?"

"Man, ain't I?"

"Damn, we have a problem."

Sino and Shantey eyes landed on Anissa when she blurted that out. She stood a few feet away, holding her phone.

"What is it?"

"Tabloids got a hold of you being released today." Anissa enlightened them. She heeled over to them, handing Shantey her iPhone. Her hazel eyes gazed over the TMZ article.