drugin' | one.

               A hotel room at Ace Hotel was already booked for Shantey by Anissa when they left the gym in Long Beach

A hotel room at Ace Hotel was already booked for Shantey by Anissa when they left the gym in Long Beach. She had showered quickly when she got there and decided to nap. Her slumber lasted a few hours before Sino woke her to go over Tavon's to see her son. She as nervous and excited to see her eleven year old. Shantey and Tavon were both young when their son was conceived. She was sixteen while he was eighteen. Her becoming pregnant was the reason her mother put her out and sent her to live with her aunt in Long Beach.

Shantey never regretted her son because he only made her push harder in life and go after what she wanted.

Sino drove through the gated community of Woodland Hills while Shantey sat in the passenger seat, waiting patiently to reach Tavon's house. He finally pulled into the circular driveway of the three-car garage cul-de-sac residence. The barely was in park for a second before Shantey excitedly hopped out of the car. Shaking the his head, Sino grinned at her excitement and cut off the ignition before stepping out of his lifted Jeep himself.

Not wanting to wait for anyone to answer the door, Shantey found her way on side of the house. Her heart thumped in excitement. She spotted Tavon and her son the basketball court, heading in that direction. The basketball court rested a level below the house, having to take stairs on side of the pool. She kicked off her sandals to get there faster.

Tavon caught the ball Romeo shot into the hoop from the three-point line. "You ready for yo Moms to get home?" He asked, passing him the ball back.

The eleven year old nodded his head while catching the ball. His long hair curly and in a bun, he dressed down in a white tee and Nike shorts. He shared the same golden brown skin as Shantey. "Yeah... I miss her. Why the blogs say she coming home but she isn't?"

"Well, son, I actually–"

"Papa!"

Father and son spotted Shantey making it down the bottom of the stairs. Romeo quickly released the basketball from his hands and bolted towards his mother. They engulfed into a tight embrace.

"Gotta surprise for you. ." Tavon finished his sentence. He chuckled and walked over to them.

"Aww," Shantey cooed over her son as she looked him over. "You're taller than me! You sure I was only gone three months? How you grow taller than me?"