Party

And so, with much planning and preperation, the night of the party came around, there was a DJ stand, which would be manned by Adorabat, a disco ball hanging from the middle of the ball room, a snack table which had a bowl of, heavily spiked, punch and a collection of junk foods. The dance floor was layered over with a collection of disco mats. Snugglemagne smiled widely, he was wearing one of his few suits, it had a black jacket, which he kept open, a pink shirt with an undone collar to allow some of his chest to show. There was a pink rose snuck into his top pocket. He was wearing dress pants which matched the jacket's colouring, and a pair of white shoes. It was rare for him to wear shoes as well, as it was for Mao Mao. The sherrif walked in, adjusting the cuffs of his shirt, which he had positioned just above his elbows. He wore the same outfit that he had worn on the day he met up with Badgerclops and Adorabat again. This worried Snugglemagne slightly. "Are you sure that you'd want to wear that outfit?" He asked, worried that it may bring back memories of the event. Mao Mao nodded. "I actually quite like it." He replied with a smile. "I'll be fine, don't worry." He insisted. Snugglemagne nodded and hugged him. "It really does suit you." He smiled. "Makes you look a lot more gentlemanly than your armour does."
Mao agreed, He nodded. "So, when're the guests going to start to arrive?" He asked, looking at the King. "After all, we do need guests for a party."
"Indeed, they should be arriving in a few minutes, well, if they got the invitation that is. Now, we just need-"
Adorabat flew in. "I'm here! Sorry for being late, I had a little trouble getting on my outfit!" The small bat was wearing a lilac skirt and a white top, she had a hat of some kind positioned on her head, covering one of her large ears. "You look beautiful, Adorabat." Mao Mao smiled. He was acting a lot more fatherly to Adorabat, and made a point to do so, he wanted to be there for her. Though they were both still recovering from the dissappearance of their friend, The Sherrif could tell that she was scarred, He wanted her to know that he wasn't going to leave too, that he would be there for her at all cost.
"Thank you, Mao Mao!" Adorabat replied happily, smiling. "I'll go wait at my DJ booth! This is going to be so FUN!" She exclaimed, twirling in the air happily before she flew off towards the equipment.

Around ten minutes later, guests started to appear. The number steadily increased until pretty much the entire room was filled with the citizens. Snugglemagne stood on a stage at the front, luckily he couldn't see the gremlin-like face of Pinky, who had been banned purpousefully. The lion cleared his throat. "Attention, Sweetypies!" He called out through a microphone. "Welcome to the Castle's disco! I, along with Sherrif Mao Mao, and his Deputy, Adorabat, will all be your hosts! Please go to either myself of the Sherrif for any inquiries, and to Adorabat for any musical requests or complaints, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves fully!" He threw his arms in the air in a grand gesture. Suddenly, the lights went off, and the floor's disco pads went on, illuminating the room. The disco ball glimmered and began spinning, shining around over the crowd. Music burst into life from the DJ booth, filling the air with pop-rock and club music.

It wasn't long before dancing and chatter filled the crowd, they began mingling and enjoying themselves. This made the King beam happily. He looked around the crowd until he saw Mao Mao, the lights from the disco floor gave off the perfect glow against his outfit, contrasting the dark colours with a magnificent and flourecent light. It showed off his hidden face perfectly, half of him leaning against the wall, the other half towards the crowd. This made the lion's heart skip a beat. He gathered himself up before going over to the cat. "The party has certainly kicked off, hm?"
"Yep." He smiled. "Though I'm not much of a partygoer usually, this is nice."
"Really?" Asked Snugglemagne excitedly. "Did I succeed then? Am I a successful host?"
"You were in the first place." He chuckled and leaned closer to him. "Thank you, by the way."
"Whatever for?"
"For helping me through the Badgerclops stuff, though I do still miss him, you've been nothing but comforting, so thank you, you even set up this party to help get my mind off it."
Snugglemagne smiled, if the lights had been clearer you might have seen a small blush on him. Though he had two motives to the party, one of them was indeed what Mao Mao had said. "There's no need to thank me, after all, your loving me back is gratitude of high enough magnitude already!"

This made Mao Mao smile. Snugglemagne's ears perked as one of his favourite songs came on, a rather clubby piece, but that was fine. "Ooh! I love this song." He smiled widely. "Mao Mao, let's dance!"
"I'm not much of a da-WOAH!"
The sherrif was pulled into the crowd with Snugglemagne, who began dancing to the music lightly, looking at Mao Mao with a smile. The sherrif gave a playful sigh and slow shake of the head before joining in with His magesty.

Slowly, the night came to a close near midnight, everyone was calming down and Snugglemagne came to the perfect opportunity to give Mao Mao the gift he had achieved. "Sherrif!" Snugglemagne called. "Come to the stage with me!" He beckoned him over, to which he followed close behind him. The two stepped onto the stage. "Adorabat!" Snugglemagne called to the little bat. "Could you turn the music down a smidgen, and put a pair of spotlights by me and Mao Mao?" He asked the DJ, to which she complied reluctantly after some pleading.
All eyes turned to the two on stage. "Mao Mao." Snugglemagne turned the cat to face him. "I've been thinking about this a lot, these past few weeks have been.. a dream come true, they've been what I've been wanting to have with you since you came to this valley of ours.." the King slowly lowered himself to the Sherrif. "I want everything to be like this every day, to have this amount of enjoyment with you every day, to be with you everyday.." The king slowly extended one of his knees. "Because, I love you, Mao Mao, so.." He produced a small box, opening it to reveal a silver ring, with a collection of onyx, garnet and amethyst gems encrusted on the surface. "..Would you do me the honour, to spend the rest of our lives together, and become my King?"