The first

The first week went by at a snail's pace. Mao Mao didn't exactly serve the king, but he kept guard during the times that it was required, such as standing outside of the King's chamber while he slept and such. Snugglemagne attempted to converse with Mao Mao often during this week, often making small jests and joking comments at him. Although it was obviously not the King's intent, it annoyed the Sherrif greatly.

The time for the King's apparent weekly meeting with that small group of Sweetypies. Mao Mao, yet again, lacked a seat. He listened to them talk about their problems, and then hear the king laugh them off as simply 'trivial peasant matters'. This made the Sherrif increasingly more fed up of this Snarky, priveledged man.

After the little group session, Snugglemagne looked at Mao Mao. "It seems you haven't really been enjoying this, Mao Mao."
"Oh, no, my leige. It's been greaaat." He said in a sarcastic, blunt tone.
"Ah.. well, I see." He coughed slightly. "If possible, Sherrif, I would like some assistance in cooking myself a meal." He told Mao Mao.
"Certainly, Sir." The black cat replied, standing up and cracking his back, lossening it up from bending over to lean against the table.

The two made food, and ate in the same room, yet somehow they seemed seperate, they didn't interact during the time of their meals, and Mao Mao, at least, didn't acknowledge the King after the meal, simply going and standing at his post for the night watch.

Nothing happened, during the night. The only somewhat significant action being a few strange noises coming from Snugglemagne's room, which Mao Mao just dissmissed as the king making sounds and snores in his sleep.

The following morning, Mao Mao was awakened by a loud thud on the castle's main doors. The sherrif walked over to the large arch, and opened one of the doors, immediately being thrown back by a large, rhino-like monster.