Reunion

A strong feeling of anxiety overcame Mao Mao as he looked at his friends, Adorabat came flying at him, full speed and yelling "MAO MAOOOOOOO!" She crashed into him and hugged her little wings around his front. She began asking questions in a hurried mess, making her unable to be understood. "Hey, Adorabat, slow down." The hero said, looking at her. He noticed that she had small tears in the corners of her eyes. "I thought you were going to be gone forever!" She wailed, clearly heartbroken. "Why didn't you say anything?!"
Mao Mao frowned. "I'm sorry, Adorabat.. I didn't know it would be so sudden, I was just called over here by the King's alarm, and didn't know I'd be staying so long." Adorabat said nothing to this, simply hugging him. Mao Mao looked at his other friend, Badgerclops. His slow walk over here made the Sherrif even more anxious, he knew that the badger would be mad, especially about the length of time he was missing. "H-Hey Badgerclops." Mao managed to stutter out nervously. "Sorry that I dissappeared so sud-" He was cut off by Badgerclops hugging him. "I'm just glad you're okay, man. You really did have us both worried sick." Mao Mao hugged his friends close, they were both clearly upset, doing their best to overcome this sadness with the happiness of seeing him. "I'm alright, you two." The Sherrif said, gently pulling away.
"Does this mean you'll be coming home now?" Asked Adorabat, tilting her head slightly to the side while asking him the question. "Not just yet.. I still have to stay here for a few weeks, until His Magesty's butler returns from his strike." He rolled his eyes, thinking about the bird's refusal to work.

"Oh.. well, can we at least visit??" Asked the small bat. "I still want to be able to come and see you, Mao Mao!"
"That's.. up to the King." He explained, turning to look at the lion, who was just standing there akwardly.
"Oh well I don't see why not!" replied Snugglemagne with a forced smile, this clearly made him uncomfortable. "However, I must insist that you only come once a week, it'll get too crowded here otherwise!"
This made the two frown. "Wow, Rude." sneered Badgerclops. The larger hero didn't have much fondness of the ruler, especially with the way he acted so stuck up. The king looked rather offended, putting his hand to his chest. "Why is it rude that I want to spend some time with my dear boyfriend?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"B-Boyfriend?!" Stammered out Badgerclops, turning to Mao. "You're actually dating this goon?!"
Mao Mao's face turned into a slight sneer. "Don't you talk about the King, and my boyfriend like that!" He yelled out at him, which suprised Badgerclops, and yet made him a lot angrier.
"What do you see in him?! He's a stuck up, lazy bafoon! He doesn't even do a good job of ruling his kingdom! We have to save his worthless butt all the time! And now you're dating him?! Why?! What did he pay you with to get you to do this?!" He clenched his fists and glared at Mao Mao, who was gripping his arm, with his teeth clenched. "Unless you actually love this pompous clown!" Added Badgerclops.
"I do love him!" Retorted the Sherrif. "And if you don't like it, then you can just.. LEAVE!" He yelled, pointing at the door. "I don't want to be around someone like you if this is how you feel." He glared up at him coldly.
Adorabat hovered in the air, on the verge of tears. "Guys-"
"Fine!" Yelled Badgerclops. "I guess I will leave! Come on Adorabat, we don't need him anymore!" He grabbed Adorabat and stormed out, not giving the five year old a chance to protest.

Mao Mao clenched his fists as he watched them go, biting down on his lip harshly. He beared the slam of the large, arched door and fell to his knees, breaking down into a sob. Snugglemagne watched him, his heart clenching. He felt completely at fault, guilt gripping at his stomach and making it churn. "Mao-" He was cut off. "I'm sorry.. that you had to see that." Butted in Mao Mao. "I think.. that I'm going to go on a walk.." He said, standing up. He didn't face the King, simply crossing his arms and walking out the door.

Snugglemagne stood helplessly, he couldn't do anything to help. He clenched his arm, thinking back to all the things that the rotten deputy had said about him. They were all right, and he knew it, but, he had thought that people thought it was charming, rather than angering. He looked down, burying his face into his false mane. Ah, yes. His wig. He kept it on to maintain pride, and to 'look his best', it was only now that he realized that it meant nothing if his pride was worthless in the first place. He took the wig off, throwing it on the floor along with his crown. He sat down on his throne. "What a worthless king I am. Unable to please neither his citizens nor his love." He felt awful, guilty. He rarely felt like this, but now, it seemed as if it would be all he would ever feel again. He leaned his hand on the armrest of his throne, positioning it upwards. He leaned his face into his knuckles, closing his eyes and crying softly.

Mao Mao wandered the streets. The filthy, vile streets that he had come to enjoy. Filled with careless, happy sweetypies, all laughing and having fun. The sherrif stayed to the edge, as not to bother them. He stared at the paving as he walked, head down low. He bumped into several citizens as he walked, briefly apologizing as he walked passed them. He could feel the weird looks he was recieving. He simply dismissed them until he bumped into a figure he recognized, one with a large hat and a cloak. One who didn't ever say much. Honey.