Honey

"Oh. Sorry." Mao apologized to the magical apprentice before trying to push passed. He was stopped by her. Mao Mao looked up at her confusedly. Honey gestured to a bench nearby.

The sherrif frowned, and went along with her suggestion. He went and sat on the bench, Honey came and sat beside him. She gestured for him to talk with her hand.
"Talk? About what?" Mao asked. Honey pointed to his chest, around where his heart is.
"Feelings? Huph, what feelings? Heroes do not share their feelings!" He said defensively. Honey raised an eyebrow.

"Alright, fine!" Mao Mao pouted, crossing his arms. "I guess you've noticed, then?" He asked, pulling his legs onto the bench and hugging them to his chest. "Everyone has though, I suppose." He took a deep breath. "Fine, I'll talk."

"It started last week, when Quentin, the King's butler went on a worker's strike. His magesty asked me to be his guard/butler while his employed one was gone. It turned out he had an elaborate plan to get me to fall in love with him.." He looked to the side. "..But I already was. Me and him ended up confessing to eachother, and decided to try dating. Then, later today, Badgerclops and Adorabat came to visit me, and when they heard.. Badgerclops was incredibly angry.." He growled just at the thought of his friend at the time before. "And then he left, after insulting His magesty several times to the face. He also made it clear that he didn't want anything to do with me." He held his legs closer in to himself. "So, there." He said, uncurling himself. "I talked about my feelings, what do you plan to do with this information? I don't even care anymore." He almost glared at Honey, who didn't respond. Mao frowned and looked away. "You truly are just a listener, huh?" He sighed. Honey said nothing, she simply stood up and walked away towards the castle.

The Sherrif rolled his eyes. A few minutes later, Honey came back. She brought a boquet of flowers, with a note. 'For the king, from you', Mao Mao read. The sherrif looked at the flowers, they were all picked very delicately, and recently, probably from the palace gardens. Honey nodded to Mao, who didn't understand why she wanted him to give him these.

The hero decided to anyway, he stood up, and walked back to the castle doors, slowly, he opened them. A depressed-looking, wigless Snugglemagne sat on his throne. Mao's eyes widened a bit, he walked over, the flowers hidden behind his back as he did so. When he got to Snugglemagne's feet, Mao kneeled down. "My leige." He said simply, holding the flowers out for him. The king opened his eyes, and looked at the boquet. He sat up straight, and looked at the flowers, all around. Mao was happy he had taken the note off before giving it to him now.

Snugglemagne sniffed the flowers, and actually began tearing up slowly. This made the Sherrif jolt up a bit. "Mao Mao..." He said softly, tears beginning to run down his cheeks. "I.. I'm sorry.."
Mao panicked a bit. "No, No.. there's no need to be sorry.."
"There is, my dear boy.. I was unable to support you.. or cheer you up after that little.. quarrel over me with your companions.." He looked to the side. "I apologize, Mao Mao.. so very much.. it was I who caused that argument.. for my own selfish desires, just as your friend said."
"No, my leige!" Mao protested. "I'm the one who's sorry, I stormed off, not because of you.. I thought I needed some time to be alone.. but I was wrong. It just made my mood.. and yours worse." He looked down as King Snugglmagne looked at him, the hero refusing to meet his eyes. "..I didn't realize how much I had hurt you by leaving.. It's not your fault that me and Badgerclops had that argument.. it's because he refuses to accept that what he knows is just the surface you.." He looked up at the King. "Because I know you so much more than they do, more than they ever will." He smiled a little bit. Snugglemagne smiled a bit too. "Thank you.." He hugged the smaller cat closely.

Mao Mao was happy he could cheer up his King. "I'm sorry I stormed off like that.. It turns out.. this is what I needed." He cuddled up to him. Snugglemagne nodded. "It's all perfectly fine, my boy.. and I'm positive that Badgerclops shall come around soon." Mao nodded. 'I need to thank Honey later' he thought to himself. "I love you.. my dear king." Mao told him, looking up at his face, smiling.
"O-Oh! How embarrassing-" Snugglemagne blushed a little, realizing that Mao had yet to see him without his wig off. "Hah.. I just realized that you haven't seen us without our wig.." He covered his head, trying to hide the tiny hairs where his mane should normally be. Mao moved his hands slightly. "I think you look perfect no matter what." He insisted, smiling.

Snugglemagne smiled, and kissed Mao Mao's head. "Thank you, Sherrif." It was now Mao's turn to blush softly. He cradled himself into the lion's large arms, nuzzling his head against his chest. "I'm just glad I was able to help you cheer up." He replied. "Now I just wish Badgerclops would come and apologize." He sighed. "He's always like this, stubborn and annoying. He doesn't see people beyond what they are. Baby monsters? Yes, People? No."
"But you're different from him." Snugglemagne smiled. "I do not know your companions well, but I do know that I'm not particularly liked by them.. I could tell obviously from Badgerclops, however I am not so sure about the small one."
"Neither am I in all honesty, Adorabat doesn't tend to talk about you, even when we have to save you and stuff."

Snugglemagne nodded. "A perculiar one, she is. I don't particularly take notice of my subjects, but I've always known she was an odd ball. Especially since she requeated to join your department, whereas any other sweetypie would run and hide in the presence, or even mention of a monster."
Mao nodded. "She's a lot braver than the others. I see a lot of potential in her. She wants to do what's right.." This brought Mao back to the fight he had with Badgerclops, and Adorabat's worried, scared look on her face. "I need to apologize to her too.." He frowned, holding Snugglemagne close.