Morning

The night went by in a flash, and soon, the morning sun shone through the grand curtains of King Snugglemagne's room, creating a soft glow in the chamber. It was a nice awakening for Mao Mao, who rubbed his eyes sleepily, looking around slowly. He sat up a little before he turned his head and looked at the sleeping lion beside him. A blush swiftly overcame the sherrif. He wanted to recoil out of shock, but didn't want to disturb his sleeping king.

Mao waited, and waited for Snugglemagne to wake up, he had lay back down beside the lion, and hesitantly, he snuggled back into his arms. It wasn't often, or, at all until recently, that he had been able to do this. He had always dreamed about snuggling closely with the large King, and, admittedly it was one of his guilty pleasures to imagine doing so in the comfort of his bed.

Eventually, Snugglemagne awoke, he sat up and stretched with a small noise, working the little kinks and stiffness out of his joints. Mao Mao looked up at his arms, which flexed with almost every movement. This made the black tom blush a little more. Snugglemagne caught a glimpse of Mao Mao being awake, and smirked a little. "Now, Now, my dear boy, there's simply no need to act so embarrassed, after all, we are a couple now."
"Unoficially!" Mao Mao protested, blushing up a storm at just the thought of them acting all cutesy in public, he knew it would hurt his public image, and that it would be difficult to refrain from being affectionate with the King during work hours. Though it pained him, while he is on guard, the two must have a strictly professional relationship, though, while in casuality, they would be able to do this sort of thing as much as they desired.

Snugglemagne smiled. "Well, not oficially YET" He teased Mao, who had been caught up in his complicated thoughts. "Who knows, Mao Mao, someday you may even become.." He smirked and leaned in closer, giving a seductive, flirtatious look. "..My king." This made Mao Mao completely go off the chain in embarrassed stuttering and muttering about inaudible things, which made Snugglemagne chuckle softly to himself.

"Right! We'd better have a change of clothes ready for you for when those friends of yours arrive!" Snugglemagne announced to Mao Mao, who had suddenly changed mood. "Yeah.." He looked down and to the side, a frown plastered across his face as he thought of the time in which he would see the dissapointment on Adorabat and Baderclops' faces. "I just hope they aren't too upset with me.."
Snugglemagne frowned and helped Mao to his feet. "Cheer up, Dear! I'm positive that they will be absolutely exctatic to see you! But perhaps not so much after I tell them the news." He gave a small giggle, putting his hand to his mouth, giving the Sherrif a side-eyed grin.
"H-Hey! I'm not sure if we should tell them so so-"
"Nonsence!" Cut in the king. "They should be the first to know! They are your companions after all. No matter how disgusting.. and.. weird they are!" He gave a slightly blunt jab at the two comrades of Mao's, he took little notice of it however, and simply passed it off as His magesty jesting at the two, as his usual manner directs him to do.

Snugglemagne stepped off of the bed. "Come now, dear! Let us find you an outfit!" He gestured for him to follow with a wave of his hand, to which Mao Mao quickly did. The two travelled down the hall to the dressing room in which The sherrif remembered all too well. "Not this place again!" He groaned.
"How rude! I invite you to wear my own clothing, and this is how you see it?" He pouted, looking back at Mao Mao, who had bitten his lip. "I-I apologize, my leige."
Snugglemagne chuckled softly. "It is quite alright, that look of yours made up for it."

Mao Mao was lead inside by the King, who allowed him to look around as he wished. The Sherrif didn't find much to his liking, unsuprisingly, but as a substitute to his armour, which was currently hung up somewhere in the King's dressing room, he decided to go for a business-casual look, with a simple white shirt, grey vest and black slacks. He wanted to look his best after seeing his friends after such a long dissappearance, just to let them know he was alright, and he wanted to impress his King.

This decision got a small smile and nod of approval from the royal. "I would join you in that style, dear Sherrif, but a king must look his most royal in front of his subjects."
"I understand, your magesty." Mao Mao said, dipping his head in respect.
"Oh, please, darling. Call me Snugglemagne, no need for formalities while you are off duty." He smirked softly. "I am of course, fine with any pet names you decide to give me, after all, I've been using the ones I gave you since I first saw you, you Saucy Knave." He added, giving him a throwback line, which made Mao Mao blush softly. He felt as if he was incapable of calling His magesty anything informal for too long. "H-How about I just stick with Sn-Snugglemagne for now?" Suggested the Sherrif.
"Fine, Fine, but I'll break you someday." He replied, giving him a wink before leading out. A flustered Mao Mao folllwed after, trying to regain his 'cool' before he met Badgerclops and Adorabat after a week of not seeing them.

When the Throne room was reached, the King sat on his throne, with Mao Mao standing beside him, on his right of course, as his right hand man. After a few minutes, the doors swung open slowly, and in came Badgerclops and Adorabat, who both gave a small wave.