More

The embrace between the pair consisted for a long time, they stood in comfortable silence, simply enjoying the company of the other after so long. Mao Mao held King Snugglemagne as best he could, considering his size, and the King easily held Mao Mao, pulling him in slightly closer, which made the Sherrif blush slightly.

"So.. this entire time you had this all planned out?" Mao Mao asked Snugglemagne, looking up at him.
"Well, Yes! Besides Quentin going on that silly little strike of his. I did however plan to invite you over, Sherrif." The lion replied. Mao Mao smiled a bit. "I do hope you realize that this doesn't change our working relationship in any way." He said, killing the mood a little. "Though.. I wouldn't mind if it changed our casual relationship." He added on after, blushing a little.

Snugglemagne gave a small laugh. "Well I should hope you'd be alright with it, as now I have access to you, dear Mao Mao, I don't think I'll be missing any opportunities any time soon." He leaned down and kissed the cat's head, which made him blush a little more.

This hug continued for around ten minutes, in which the two just enjoyed being together. Mao Mao's repressed feelings had found light, and the King was able to reveal his own feelings as well. After this long, emotionally rivetting session, Mao Mao called Badgerclops, which he had forgotten to do this entire week.
"Dude! Where are you? You just up and left a few days ago without saying anything! I was worried man! Adorobat hasn't spoken to me since you left, she says she blames me training her as the reason!"
Mao Mao frowned. "Uh- Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't call you sooner. I've been busy, I'm at the King's ca-"
He was cut off by an obnoxious
"WHAAT?!" from Badgerclops. "How long have you been at the castle?!"
"About a week." Replied Mao Mao. "The king asked me to be his guard for a while, since his servent Quentin is on a Worker's strike."
"For how long? I mean- You could have at least TOLD us!"
"About a month, maybe more, maybe less." Mao Mao replied. "I-I'm sorry I didn't tell you, it was a sudden thing, and His Magesty wouldn't let me come home to tell you, and I didn't have time to tell you until now. I'm sorry."
Badgerclops sighed. "Well, whatever. I'll tell Adorobat."
"Thank you." Mao Mao replied
"You're welcome, dude. I'll try and visit you and The King in the morning, and I'll see if I can get Adorobat to come too."
"Right, I'll see you then. Bye."

As the phone was hung up, A curious Snugglemagne poked his head around the corner. "How did it go?" He asked, looking at Mao Mao. "Not very well, Badgerclops was worried sick, and Adorobat's not been talking to him since I left." He sighed and leaned against the wall. "He said that he'll try to come and see us in the morning." Mao Mao closed his eyes a bit, in truth, he was tired. He had pulled apart the King's scheme, and confessed his love. He then called his best friends and found out all he had caused for them. Snugglemagne had walked over, and embraced Mao Mao in his arms. "I apologize, my dear. I didn't know that it would impact you all so much." He stroked Mao Mao's head gently, which caused him to  nestle his head into the King's chest. "You seem tired, would you like to sleep in my quaters with me tonight, Sherrif?"
"But.. My leige.. I need to stand guard.." He replied tiredly, clearly barely managing to stay awake.
This was met with a chuckle from the king. "Nonsence, if you slumber beside me, you'll be alerted to any kind of danger right away anyhow! You'll be able to protect me better that way." He smiled. "So you needn't worry about standing guard."
He could feel Mao Mao falling asleep against him. "It's decided then." He picked Mao Mao up in a bridal-style carry. The smaller tom cat nestled up to Snugglemagne's body, closing his eyes and drifting off peacefully. The lion smiled, blushing softly as he looked at the Sherrif, rather embarrassed to be doing this after such a long time of waiting. "You look so cute when you sleep~" He said softly, carrying him back towards his chamber, noticing the soft purring that Mao Mao was giving off. Snugglemagne just assumed that it was what he did while he slept, and didn't take it as anything particularly special.

When the two reached the room, Snugglemagne opened the door silently, as not to wake the sleeping kitty. He walked over to the large, king-sized bed, and lay Mao Mao under its covers. He then walked over to the door, closing it quietly, before deliately walking over to the sleeping Mao Mao, and sneaking into the bed beside him, gently wrapping his arms around him. It didn't take long for the King to fall asleep, cuddling the Sherrif lovingly.