chapter four

"sam, do you know where that one black dress is that i wore to kats birthday party?" i asked him.

"check in moms closet...why do you need it?" he asked.

"i'm going out to dinner with taras family." i lied.

"no- uhh my moms in town so we're going to the country club." i lied to tara, who asked me if i wanted to go see a movie with her.

"well can i come? i'm bored." she asked me through the phone.

"um... i don't think so... she said she needs to tell sam and i something important." i lied again. well it wasn't fully a lie. my mom was back in town for the weekend but tonight was my date with colby.

as badly as i wanted to tell tara this information, i thought it was better to not even risk it unless it's official. who knows, this date could go absolutely terrible and we'll never talk again. or we could be married in five years time. don't get ahead of yourself, stupid bitch.

i was in the midst of putting on my black dress that i had found in my moms room. i grabbed my moms red louboutins that she cherished. welp hopefully i don't ruin them.

i went back into my room, grabbing my red gucci marmont purse off the bed. i checked my red lipstick in the mirror in my room before running down the stairs. i grabbed my moms range rover keys off the counter, deciding to take her car since it was a little more subtle than my baby pink thunderbird.

i texted her to tell her i took her car and that she could just take mine or my dads if needed. i had also told my mom i was to dinner with taras family.

i ran out the door and got into my moms car and pulling out of our driveway.

i was meeting colby at the restaurant, just to be safe, rather than driving together.

i got there with 2 minutes to spare and with a message that colby had already went in. colbys cousin worked at the restaurant and got colby a private room for the two of us. thankfully, his cousin wasn't working tonight since we wanted to keep this as private as possible.

"hi, private room for brock." i told the lady who was working at the front stand.

"oh, of course, right this way." she said, leading me to a room towards the back.

i walked in and saw colby sitting at the table. i smiled to him as he stood up.

"hey!" i said, with a grin on my face.

"hey adelaide," he smiled, walking towards me. "you look beautiful." he said before kissing my cheek.

"thank you. so do you." i giggled, making him chuckle.

"not exactly what i was going for but i'll take it." he laughed.

he pulled my chair out for me, allowing me to sit down before going over to his side.

"would you like some champagne?" he asked me.

"you and i both know i do but i'm only 18." i told him.

"no one will tell... everyone underage drinks here." he laughed.

"okay." i said to him.

he was dressed in a black on black suit and looking at it now, i had never seen him dressed up but man did i like it.

"what'd you tell sam, as to where you were going tonight?" he asked me

"i told him i was going for dinner with taras family and i told tara i was going to dinner with sam and my mom." i laughed.