chapter three

adelaides pov

xepher ended up going back to my place with us since she was drinking and couldn't drive back home.

tara, xepher and i ended up getting home at 2:57am. we were met with a group of boys in the living room, who were all drinking.

i knew them all. they were sams closest friends.
colby was there as well as jake, corey, mikey, kevin, griffin, ariya, brennen and reggie.

i knew these boys about as well as i knew my friends. since our parents were never home, our house was kind of the hang out area for everyone.

"oh hiiii!" i said. i wasn't drunk but i surely wasn't sober either.

i went over and sat in between colby and mikey. i was closest to mikey. out of sams friends, that is. i had met him at a party and he was really cool so we started hanging out and then he became friends with sam.

i got a bunch of 'heys' back from the boys and then i decided to introduce xeph and tara

"okay so most of you know tara but this is tara." i said, pointing to my short lil best friend. "and this is xepher."

they both said hi and started talking to people. i had another few drinks and then i was about out of energy for the night.

"do you boys wanna escort me to my room?" i laughed to colby and mikey. "i don't know if i could go up the stairs myself." i giggled

"we'll help you." colby laughed, helping me off of the couch.

the boys helped me up the stairs and over into my bed.

"thanks boys... i love you guys." i giggled.

"we love you too. get some rest." mikey laughed before hitting the light and heading back down the stairs.

( this story will move kind of quick at first because i hate stories that drag the same thing out for like 10 chapters )

i grabbed the cup of tea that i had made, heading back up the stairs. it was 4am and i didn't get an ounce of sleep. i was up, thinking about colby. i had caught major feelings.

it's been two and a half weeks since that morning in the bathroom and he's basically consumed my thoughts ever since.

he comes over to my house everyday, which i love but i know it's not good for me.

i opened the sliding door to my balcony... my thinking spot. i walked out... noticing colby sitting on his balcony, looking up at me.

"oh hey," i said to the boy keeping me up.

"what're you doing up?" he asked.

"couldn't sleep again." i said, quietly.

"why not?" he asked me. i mentally groaned, not wanting to talk about the fat crush i had on my brothers best friend.

"just thinking... about life. why're you up?" i asked him.

"same reason. there's this girl and i can't get her out of my head." he told me. i was hoping he was talking about me... since i saw him sneaking glances at me all the time and acting slightly flirty when sam wasn't around... but then again that might just be his personality. the other part of me was crushed that there might be another girl.

"why don't you ask her out? i'm sure any girl would go out with you." i asked quietly.

"we can't be together... that's why i can't ask her out." he told me

"and whys that?" i asked him back... getting to the point where i realized he was talking about me, which made my heart flutter.

"because she's my best friends baby sister. but man, she's the most amazing girl i've ever met." he said, looking up to see my reaction.