Chapter Fifteen- Burn

Tensing, Bren narrowed his eyes at Drar.

"What should we do?" Atu murmured quietly behind them.

"We run back to the ship?" Eboni replied, equally as quiet.

"What are you talking about in there? How to escape? How to kill me? My men? You do not seem to have taken my warning as seriously as I had hoped." He feigned a deep sigh. "I guess I will just have to prove how serious I am." He snapped his fingers and two cloaked figures emerged from behind a densely leaved tree.

Kas and Atu sucked in sharp breaths as they saw who they were dragging alongside them.

The wise eyes of their mother were searching in the darkness she was consumed in, her grey hair messy and matted with leaves and twigs.

Both of her sons were shaking from fear and anger as they watched her being thrown at the feet of the leader. Drar looked down, his eyes nonchalantly scanning the woman in front of him. Even now she looked strong, her eyes narrowed and she puffed out her chest.

"They will destroy you! Cowards! Every one of you! Light will prevail" Their mother shouted as loud as she could, and after taking a deep breath and shutting her eyes, Drar reached down and wrapped his fingers around her neck and which a sharp crack she fell unmoving to the forest floor.

"No!" Kas roared releasing himself from Eboni's grip he charged forward towards Drar, stumbling to a stop a moment later when he became blind once more. Atu was stood motionless staring at his mother's body. Slowly he looked up and narrowed his eyes at the man who was now grinning at their group.

The wind began to shuffle along the floor, picking up before swirling through the trees and flying through the air. The Dark Ones had to hold tightly onto their cloaks to stop them from flying off. But Drar still stood there- Grinning.

Eboni reached out to Kas as he fell to his knees. Wrapping her hand around his he regained his sight, looking up he found his mother's body and with a flick of his free hand vines sprouted from the ground covering her like a casket.

"What are you going to do now?! Blow me to death?!" Drar roared over the wind. "I will kill everything and everyone you love until you are broken and beg for Darkness to consume you. There is no where you can hide! You! Boy- you are one of us!" He said pointing to Bren "Join me and I will show you what power is. Where you came from. Who your true family is!"

The wind grew stronger, trees were uprooted and the soldiers began to flee.

Kas clenched his fist, sending tree roots and hanging vines straight for the Dark Ones- rooting them in their place so they could not get away.

"You killed my mother!" He shouted clenching his fist tighter, a vine shot out towards Drar but instead of trapping him the Dark One grabbed it firmly, turning it into dust.

"Eboni do something!" Iasa shouted her eyes wide- Her skin was still pale. She barely had enough energy to conjure fire let alone stay awake.

"Atu-Stop! We have to go now, I'm sorry but we have to go!" Eboni shook the Chief who was still stood glaring at the man who murdered his mother.

The wind stopped dead.

Atu breathed heavily next to her, his fist clenching and unclenching as he tried to control his anger and hurt.

Eboni placed Kas's and Atu's hand on Bren's shoulders, leaving her hands free. With Bren's hand still on her shoulder she walked forward, the shield melting away.

"Look around you." She said trying hard not to cry as the vines encasing Kas and Atu's mother began to sprout flowers. "Your men are not leaving here. There is a time and a place for a fight, and this is not it. We will not come quietly."