chapter 8.

Thank you all for reading this story! Hope you like it! :)

CHAPTER 8.

I was sitting, well lying on the couch in Eric's office and dying of boredom. Sure, it was fun watching him but still. He kept making phone calls, sometimes he spoke Swedish from what I could tell and sometimes he spoke so quickly that I couldn't make out a single word he said. I was sure that he was doing that because I was the main matter of all the phone calls and he didn't want me to know a single thing that  was going on.

''You know it's not fair that I don't know anything about the things that concern my life. I need to know if I should be prepared for death or what...'' I rolled my eyes. 

''You're not going to die.'' Eric said quickly.

''Well, judging by how many vampires are after me I'm not sure anymore.'' I said a bit angrily.

''I won't let anyone touch you.'' Eric stated and he turned to look at me.

''You can't protect me forever.'' my voice became softer.

Eric clenched his jaw.

''We'll take care of this and you'll be safe again.'' Eric said.

''Why did that vampire ask me what I was?'' I furrowed my eyebrows.

Eric let out a sigh.

''He was delusional.'' Eric rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat. It seemed like he was truly paying attention to me now.

''It didn't seem like it...and everyone keeps saying that I smell good. Does my blood really smell different than other's blood?'' I was curious.

''It does.'' Eric hesitated a bit. 

''Is that  a bad thing?'' I asked him.

In a blink of an eye he was sitting next to me, his face only  a few inches away from mine.

''No...your scent is the most wonderful thing.'' Eric caressed my cheek. ''In fact, being this close to you makes my mouth water.'' His eyes stopped at my neck.

He leaned in and brushed his nose against my neck, making my eyes close. HE was intoxicating.

He then pressed his lips against my skin and sucked gently. He didn't bite me, but I was sure there would be a mark visible afterwards. His tongue flicked over the sensitive area and a small moan escaped my mouth.

''The things you do to me...'' Eric said with barely audible voice, but I was able to hear it anyways.

It felt amazing knowing that I did have effect on him. I wasn't sure though whether it was simply because my blood apparently smelled amazing or because he maybe felt something more towards me too.

''Let's get your clothes now.'' he pulled away and chuckled once he noticed my confused face.

It was incredibly amusing to him that I was such a sucker for his touch and everything that he said, but I couldn't really help it. No one has ever made me feel the way  he did.

''Uhm...can we please go there with my car? I don't really want to leave it here.'' I spoke once I recollected myself.

Eric gave me a small nod and we walked outside. The whole drive we were silent. Of course Eric didn't let me drive, because us humans always drive so horribly, meaning we actually care about the speed limit.

''You can wait for me downstairs you know.'' I let out a chuckle as Eric followed me upstairs.

''I know, but we both know what happens when I let you out of my sight Sophie.'' Eric said, amusement lacing his voice.