chapter 35.

boring chapter with an interesting end. hope you like it :P

CHAPTER 35.

''I'm sorry, I couldn't get here any faster.'' Sookie was breathing heavily as I opened the front door.

I invited her over since I knew Eric was probably going to spend the night in Fangtasia, so we wouldn't be interrupted. She wasn't at Sam's place two days ago and I couldn't reach her yesterday as well, but she was here now and that was all that mattered. I knew she was the only one who kind of understood me and I trusted her completely.

I let out a sigh as I embraced her. I haven't fed a couple of days now, but I managed to control myself, I was in too much shit with my family already and couldn't really afford to lose the only person that was still there for me. Her presence instantly made me feel better.

''Ugh I missed you so much Sookie!'' I said as my emotions flooded me. Fresh tears were threatening to spill and I leaned my chin on Sookie's shoulder to stop it from trembling.

''I missed you too!'' Sookie let out a light chuckle and tightened her hug, then gently pushed me away and took a good look at me.

She furrowed her eyebrows and took in my appearance. I looked like a mess comparing to her, I mean I was in grey sweatpants and white tank top, my hair was a complete mess and dark circles around my eyes were more prominent than ever because I haven't fed. Sookie on the other hand looked fucking great! She was in a beautiful white dress that looked similar to what I wore to that disastrous dinner with my family, she had her hair in a nice bun and she was just glowing.

''What's Bill feeding you!'' I started laughing, and if she wasn't so comfortable with me I'm pretty sure she would blush. It was pretty obvious their trip was a very...passionate one.

''Oh, it was so nice Sophie! I have never had so much fun before!'' Sookie giggled and grabbed my hand.

We walked to the living room and I urged her to tell me everything about the beautiful trip she had with Bill. She told me they went Grand Isle, a beautiful beach and they stayed in some hotel that was nearby and perfect for vampires as well.

They spent two nights looking at the stars and making love on the warm sand.

''We always have a lot of fun, but this time it was just different. It was even more magical...'' Sookie's eyes were shining with happiness and I honestly felt so happy for her too. Her and Bill have been through a lot of shit and they deserved all the happiness and love in the world.

''Sookie that sounds so wonderful, and honestly, I'm so happy for you guys!'' I said genuinely and gave Sookie another hug.

''I know and thank you! But enough about me, I'm here because you're unhappy...what happened?'' Sookie got all serious now and that lovely spark in her eyes was gone now. I could see how worries about me filled her being.

''Well...have you talked to Sam yet?'' I asked carefully.

''No I haven't...why? What happened?'' Sookie leaned her head on the side, furrowing her eyebrows. She was nervous and she wasn't able to read my thoughts anymore, now I kind of wished she could though.

I took a deep breath then explained to her what actually happened. How I wanted to have a nice, maybe a tad bit awkward dinner with my parents and introduce Eric to them, but the dinner was such a mistake. I told her how I lost my cool and how Eric reacted. Sookie was just listening to me very carefully and I could see how she started to feel bad for me...and for Eric as well I guess.