10 - Rock Paper Scissors

Start from the beginning

"Hey, isn't that the Davis girl from one of your Dad's many parties?" Louis asked and I looked at her more carefully to realize that Louis was correct about her. She is Kara Davis; she was one of the few girls who didn't throw herself at guys for short. I remember that because Donn always used to complain how uptight she is. Now I know why, she has a decent guy as her boyfriend, and the affection she has for him is written all over her face.

"Anyway, did you pack her some jacket or a sweater?" she asked him and he shook his head into a no.

"Come on, I got up at 6:30 to a call telling that this idiot is having a one week trip and rushed all the way to her flat to pack her luggage, and rushed back to your place in a record time only to find you both sleeping contently on the floor. And it took what? 10 minutes to wake this idiot up." He said in exasperation and took a deep breath after his rant. "When did you guys even go to sleep?" he asked looking at Kara.

"You won't like it." she said placing her hand on his shoulder and he gave her a look saying that there is no escaping from this. She sighed heavily. "Fine, we slept at like 6:30 in the morning. Come on, I didn't meet her in like 3 years, we needed some time to speak." She said waving her hands around.

"If by sometime you mean 13 hours, then you sure did need that time to re-connect." He said in a sarcastic tone while Kara just removed her jacket and wrapped it around Shaden's shoulders. Cam turned towards the bus to find half the male population ogling at Kara sporting a tight crop-top and pajamas. He rolled his eyes and immediately removed his flannel shirt and forced her into it and then turned back towards the bus and stuck his tongue out at the disappointed onlookers.

"Wow! They are so cute." Bell gushed at them and I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Fine love birds, I need to go now. I can already find some girls from my grade glaring at me and planning my demise." She said waving at them while slinging her backpack up her shoulder. When Cam was about to speak something she shushed him. "And no, I won't cause any trouble and I won't have any problems, so you don't have to come all the way there to pick me up. So bye, Alvida." She said blowing them a kiss.

"Damn! She looks hot when she dresses like this. Why can't she just were clothes like this to school?" Haru said with a whistle.

"Bro, that's her bed clothes. Looks like she just woke up from the bed and headed to school." Jordan said rolling his eyes at Haru. But they aren't wrong. She looked really different in these kind of clothes. She was wearing a very loose ash crop top with the words 'NEW YORK' written across it and a pair of black shorts reaching an inch above her mid-thigh. As she entered the bus she rolled her eyes at Emily who was glaring at her.

"You are friends with Kara Davis?" Nathaniel asked as she was passing by him. She stopped to stare at him and her face twisted into confusion.

"You know Kara?" was all she asked.

"Umm... Yeah, she is one of our many family friends." He replied with a shrug.

"I am sorry, but you are?" she asked politely.

"Oh right, I am sorry. I am Nathaniel Bennett." He said spreading his hand forward when the bus suddenly jolted forward to hold Shaden before her face planted on the bus. She smiled warmly at him and thanked him.

"I am Shaden. I heard that name before though. Oh! Samson Bennett." She said, jumping on her spot and looking around the bus to find me. As soon as she found me, she waved at me with a huge smile on her face. I laughed at her silly expression and waved back at her. "So, are you and Samson cousins?" she asked rocking on her heels.

"What? No. we are brothers." Nathaniel said laughing at her surprised expression.

"Oh, I am sorry. I thought Samson had only one brother. I only met Nova soo far." She said smiling and I almost laughed at the name she gave to Donn. However, Nathaniel actually laughed at the name.