☓☓ chapter three ☓☓

[Picture of Chase Grayson at the side]

Question Of The Day:
Who's your favorite character so far?

☓☓ chapter three ☓☓

The ball fell from my grasp and bounced away. The whole gymnasium quietened down and the bimbos stopped squealing. I don't even know why the hell they were squealing in the first place.

It was so quiet that you can even hear a pin drop. I wasn't exaggerating.

I stared at her in shock.

What just happened?

I tightened my hold on her before her frail body could come into contact with the ground. Now that would be nasty. Imagine waking up with a killer headache and big bruise. Definitely not something in my bucket list.

Then, footsteps rushed towards us. Mrs Holden bent down and took in the girl's state.

"Asher, dear. Would you mind carrying her to the nurse's office for me? I would've sent her there myself but if I leave you kids alone again, God knows what would happen this time round." Mrs Holden smiled apologetically at me before rolling her eyes at the second comment, causing me to chuckle slightly.

Mrs Holden had accompanied a sick kid to the office once, and the moment she walked out, all hell broke loose.

Us being the mature teenagers we are, thought it would be cool to play our own version of dodgeball. Thus, we emptied all the balls we could find in the gym and everything was in total chaos.

Let's just say that Mrs Holden wasn't exactly pleased with us once she returned and gifted us with a present.

You guessed it - detention.

"No problem, ma'am."

I carefully rested her head against my chest and carried her bridal style. As I brisk walk out of the gymnasium, I could feel multiple pair of eyes on me - something I'm used to by now.

"There's nothing to look at! Continue your game." Mrs Holden's loud whistle blew once again and the squealing resumed. Walking down the almost deserted hallway, I couldn't help but steal a glance at this girl's face.

At first, I thought that she might be one of Chelsea's little minions or the brat herself, whom pretended to faint, just to get into my arms.

If you're thinking that I'm egotistical or arrogant, I'm not.

Why? Because the 'pretending to faint to get into my arms' thing has happened before. Quite a few times might I add.

However, after looking at her for a few seconds, I frowned. I've never seen this girl in school before, let alone know her name.

Her chocolate brown hair was pulled into a messy bun and she had a few freckles dotted on her cheeks. Even though there were no traces of makeup on her face, and I couldn't see her eyes, she was no doubt beautiful.

And adorable. I added mentally after a few seconds of staring at her.

Oh god, I'm so creepy. Imagine if she wakes up now and sees a guy staring intently at her.

Weird, right?

No. I think what's even weirder is that I'm talking to myself right now.

I must be going crazy.

The nurse's office came into view and I sped up a little bit. The door opened after I knocked on it a few times.