Chapter 11 (part 1)

Percy’s POV

As Percy gave the order for Jason to descend but he knew deep down that it would not be enough. The Joker was a formidable enemy and the hostages only added to the danger factor. The fact that the hostages in question were some of the richest people in Gotham made the chances of them pulling off this mission with the only three of them impossible. 

Percy was pulled out of his thoughts when Jason spoke through his earpiece, “I see an opening, I‘m going in.” 

Both Percy and Annabeth confirmed this and Leo interjected to say that he was hooking up Jason’s microphone so all of the team would be able to hear. 

As Percy looked on, the Joker paused his speech to walk around and display the hostages like they were zoo animals. Though all of the Waynes and Barbara Gordon were clearly terrified, that fear was far outweighed by the defiance in their eyes. Percy assumed that they had been in situations like this plenty of times. There was even a rumor that the Wayne brothers had a “days since the last kidnapping” sign, and that sign had never reached double digits

But the Joker was not your average villain. 

Percy knew that, and all of the seven did too. And here was proof of the fact, by how Jason’s body was tense and the muscles taut, coiled, and ready to strike within moment’s notice. By how he could hear Annabeth’s panicked breathing, and Leo’s frantic typing through his earpiece. By how Percy’s keen eyes could see Frank in falcon form hovering by a window, ready to dive through the glass to backup Jason if the need arose. 

And from where Percy was standing, it was clear that backup would be needed. To witnesses, Jason seemed perfectly relaxed, but to people who knew him, the tension was clear. 

“Let. Them. Go.” Jason growled through gritted teeth. 

“Or what?” The Joker taunted, Harley Quinn by his side. “You alone can’t beat my thugs, and definitely not me.”

“Oh?” The beginnings of a smirk had appeared on Jason’s lips, “Is that so?”

“Well...yes! And people call me crazy!” The crazy man in question proceeded to look around like he had just told the greatest joke in the world. Then he glared when nobody laughed. A ripple of unease spread through the crowd as they forced themselves to laugh. They all clearly thought Jay was insane. 

Don’t worry, Percy thought, the rest of us are about to show ourselves with the most cliche entrance ever. Seriously. It’s like in one of those cliche Wattpad fanfictions. 

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Annabeth hissing, “Jason, stall for just a bit longer. Leo stayed behind in the van to provide backup and tech support, but me, Piper, and Hazel will be there in 1 minute, 42 seconds, and counting.”

Percy cut in after his girlfriend, “Copy. We’ll all enter dramatically together. Hang in there, Jay.”

The only reply was a cough on the line, signaling that Jason was about to set up an entrance line to cue the team in. Perfect timing as Percy spotted a falcon Frank preparing to dive and a flash of blonde hair through the window. 

“Who said I was alone?” Jason spread his arms out as Frank shattered a window, the girls busted down a door, and Percy crashed straight through a ceiling. 

“Hi! Don’t worry, a part two is coming soon! Thank you so much for all the support!”

-Wild_Dragon_Girl