Chapter Five: The Group Project

Start from the beginning

After lunch, we got to do our other classes. I had felt bad that I made WinWin the leader. I didn't want the pressure to be on him or something.

Another Time Skip

After school, I was heading back to the dorms. I gripped my bag as I ran to see if I had any books for research. I looked through my bookshelves but I only had one book on Arts OR Design. "Why don't I own more of these books?" I had thought to myself. Since there was still time in the day I headed to the library. We weren't meeting until tomorrow to discuss who would do what to give WinWin time to debate. But, I still wanted to prepare myself for knowledge for this subject. I made my way to the public library. The building was so large it had multiple floors. I arrived right at the beginning of the door. Looking up and down. "Where should I even start?" I shouted in my mind. My eyes locked on a computer. I passed the reception desk. I turned on the computer to see that it helps me search for particular books or subjects. "Business.... business..." I searched through multiple pages. Then I found a small section of the business. "Level 3 aisle 4!" As I read I made my way to the elevator. There were already many people in it. It took a few minutes but I made it to the third floor. I looked at the signs above the bookshelves. I made my way to Aisle four. I turned to go down the aisle, but then I saw someone looking at a book from the shelves. I immediately hid behind the brim of the bookshelf. I gulped. "Why is Haechan here?" I peaked to see if he was still there. He was reading a page of a book. I then pulled my head back. "Wait... why am I hiding from him?.." I thought. I felt a breath on my shoulder. "Y/N?" I heard Haechan's voice. I looked over my left shoulder. Haechan's face was close so I jumped back. My heart skipped. "H-Haechan?" I nervously scratched my head. "Were you hiding from me?" He leaned his arm on the side of the shelf while lifting his eyebrow. "Uhh.. no? Why do you ask?" I crossed my arms. "Well, I did see you about to walk in the aisle but then you ran away. Then I came over here to see you hiding.. so I'd assume?" Haechan seemed to have a smirk look on his face. "Don't play smart with me." I teased. I made my way down the aisle. He followed slowly behind me. I looked up and down the shelves, for any books, I could read in particular. "What are you looking for?" Haechan asked. "I have a group project in school in business. I want to do some research on it." I started to put books in my arms to carry. "Oh. I'm pretty good at business. It's one of my specialties at school." Haechan pretended to be bragging. "Uh-huh." I nodded as I grabbed more books. My stomach felt this odd way for some reason. I didn't know why but I haven't had this feeling before. I kept taking glimpses from the corner of my eye at Haechan. Who was thinking of what to say, "Does your school let anyone come and help with this project?" He looked up with a slight smile. I looked at him. "I don't know. Probably not. Since they wouldn't actually be students so they wouldn't even be benefiting from it at all." I started to walk out of the aisles towards the tables in the library. I placed my books down. I sat at the table then looked up at Haechan. "I would."
He said quickly while sitting down. "What?" I looked back up.
"Nothing." He shrugged with a chuckle. "Do you want some help?"
I opened a book and started to read. "I haven't actually decided what part I'd be doing. Our first team meeting is tomorrow and our team leader is going to decide what we do. So, this is just preparation." I replied.
He widened his eyes at all my books. "This is just 'preparation'?" I looked up secretly to see his gleaming smile. I smiled softly while hiding my face in the book. "Geez." He shrugged. It was silent for a bit of time. But, Haechan suddenly said: "I'll join the group project with you."
"What do you mean?" I looked up suddenly. "You're not changing my mind. Anyways. I'm very knowledgeable about these things so I could be a good organization help."
He crossed his arms with a slight smirk on his face. I couldn't tell him no for some reason. "Fine." I scuffed. "Meet me after school tomorrow." I continued to research some of the books. I texted WinWin to let him know a friend would be joining us.