The Flight Stuff

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 13: The Flight Stuff

The Berk Dragon Academy was empty today. Ten year old Gustav Larson checked to make sure before bringing a sheep inside. "Come on, boy, let's fly!" He got on the sheep, who had fake wings taped to the side and a small flame-thrower tide on his back for Gustav to use. Ever since Gustav first saw the Dragon Riders flying on their dragons for the first time, the ten year old boy has always wanted to find his own dragon to fly around. Unfortunately his parents and the Dragon Riders won't let him have his own dragon, all of them feeling that he is too young for that. So the boy settled for the second best thing, a pretend dragon in the form of a sheep.

Gustav was enjoying his little pretend dragon riding as he shot flames in the air with the flamethrower while the sheep was running around the Academy. But the fun ended when Gustav accidently set some barrels on fire!

"Oh, no." Gustav said getting off the sheep. He ran to the fire and tried fanning at it to extinguish the flames, but no luck. "Oh, no. Oh, no. What do we do? What do we do? What do we do?" He asked frantically to the sheep, who merely bleated in response.

Help arrive when water suddenly splashed the flames, putting them out. Gustav turned to see Hicca and Raeda holding now emptied buckets. The two girls were accompanied by the rest of the Dragon Riders and dragons who have no doubt witnessed the incident.

"Gustav, how many times have we told you you can't play in here?" Hiccup said sternly.

"I'm not playing. I'm dragon training." Gustav defended.

"Ugh, poor kid. Ever since I let him into my inner circle, he wants to be just like his hero, me." Snotlout said with his chest out.

"Gross and annoying?" Astrid said rolling her eyes.

"No, a dragon rider!" Gustav said.

"Look around, kid. All of the dragon-riding positions are taken." Snotlout said to the younger boy. "So, unless one of us kicks the bucket, you're out of luck."

A Few Hours Later

"I'm gonna kick the bucket!" Snotlout exclaimed in fear and terror.

The rest of the teens didn't seem to concerned. "Uh, Snotlout, do you mind?" Hiccup said. "We're having a Dagur meeting."

"Dagur's here?" Tuffnut asked as he looked around the Academy for said Berserker chief.

"No Tuff, we're having a meeting about Dagur." Hicca explained to the Thorston boy.

Snotlout ignored the two. "In the last week I've seen three of the five signposts to Valhalla."

"We know!" The seven teens said.

"You wouldn't shut up about it all week." Raeda said.

"You know? And you're just standing there talking about stupid Dagur?" Snotlout asked, unable to understand the concept. "One of your bravest and most treasured warriors is about to leave this world forever!"

"Look on the bright side. At least you'll be in eternal paradise." Tuffnut spoke up

"So will we." Astrid said happily.

Snotlout was not amused. "Joke all you want about me, but what about Hookfang? The thought of him without me for the rest of his life, it's just..."

"Are you done?" Hiccup asked, hoping his cousin was.

"No, not even close." Snotlout answered.

"Oh boy." Raeda said, rolling her eyes as she crossed her arms.