Kabanata 14

Kabanata 14

I thought for a time that maybe Castriel was really my soulmate. It was because everything feels right when I'm with him.

He's the first one who made me feel normal, na para bang hindi masalimuot ang nakaraan ko at walang kulang sa buhay ko.

There's a feeling that I've known him my whole life. I just feel comfortable around him, I feel safe. He feels like home. Someone so different yet comforting at the same time.

Kaya nga nung nalaman ko na nag sinungaling siya sa akin ay sobra talaga akong nasaktan. I trusted him so much. I was so glad that finally I found my person.

I thought his lies made me forget every good memory that we've shared, I was sure of that. I'm definitely sure that's why it's so hard to believe that it was still here.

Akala ko ang maaalala ko kapag nagkita kami ulit ay ang kasinungalingan, ang sakit at galit.

Pero nagkamali ako.

Some memories never really leave us, like the salt of the sea it became part of every wave, and we'll carry them forever.

I can see us, meeting every morning and idly talking while planning our day. I see us, sitting in comfortable silence and being content with each other's presence.

It's heartwarming that we always compare our schedules just so we can spend more time together. His annoyed and distracted face while reviewing because I keep on talking.

Memories of him playing with my hair, his frustrated face while crossing his arms every time he tells me to stop tying my hair. His unreadable expression every time I tell him to scratch my back. And lastly, his attentive face every damn time.

Oh God, it's still here.

The memories are still here.

"Castriel, apo, is that you?"

The flashback in my mind stopped the moment I heard Donya Soledad's voice.

Nag - iwas ako ng tingin kay Castriel at bumaling ako sa mga kasunod ng Donya na mga kasambahay.

One of them came to me immediately para bigyan ako ng tuwalya. I used that opportunity to calm myself. Ngayon ko lang naramdaman ang panginginig ng buo kong katawan.

"I see you've met, Olivia!" Donya Soledad said gladly.

Pinagmasdan ko kung paano niya hinaplos ang braso ng apo. I swallowed hard. My eyes unconsciously traveled back to Castriel.

He nodded, still staring at me with those cold lethal eyes, piercing through my soul.

"You should change," he said, his voice is firm and completely unapologetic.

I inhaled sharply. Everything he does feels like a punch at the very core of my being.

I wanna be out of here.

Napatingin ako kay Donya Soledad but I can't force myself to offer her a smile. I saw a slight confusion in her eyes, maybe because she seems uncomfortable by the way Castriel spoke to me.

Mabilis ko na silang nilagpasan. The moment I reached my bedroom and I heard the door lock clicked. Bumigay ang tuhod ko at napaupo ako sa sahig.

That was so fucking intense!

Hindi ko alam kung kakayanin ko pa sa susunod. Oh God, Via, what is wrong with you? Bakit hinang - hina ka!

Is that really him? I've never seen that Castriel before.