Chapter 5 Updated

Jack's POV

I snapped awake when I heard something in the kitchen. Something fell and broke. Something glass. Ma won't be happy about that. We were in separate parts of the house so we didn't talk much, but still, it's her house.

I carefully got up and grabbed my old metal bat that I hid in my closet. I've had it since I was a kid but I never thought I'd need to use it like this.

I walked through the house as quietly as possible, my old socks helping mask the sounds I made but my breathing might give me away. Well, if this robber was smart. Chances are, they aren't.

I looked around before lowering my bat with a sigh. Nothing. I looked for the smashed item, finding a bowl that I had probably left too close to the edge again. I should really stop doing that. I carefully picked up all the glass, threw it away then went back to sleep. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Gizmo sleeping in my spot.

"Such a good girl," I laugh, petting her head and playing with her ears. "Yeah, that's a good Gizmo, such a good doggy."

I carefully laid in bed then fell asleep, planning to check on the videos tomorrow then try to get back to recording. I have to keep my mind off (y/n) for a while. Just until I can think of them and not cry.

I woke up the next day with a sore back. I probably slept wrong but I don't really care. Better sleep with a sore back than no sleep at all.

I got up, made my coffee then turned on my computer. I waited for it to load and drank my coffee, smiling once it finally turned on. My internet may be slow but it's still worth it. I got onto YouTube and decided to check the video from yesterday. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. I want to know what the fans think.

By the time I was done reading I was in tears. Everyone's just so damn nice. What did I ever do to deserve them?

I sighed before standing up and uploaded one of my other finished videos, letting it load while I went to town. I may as well get exercise and distract myself, plus, I need some groceries. Since me and Ma are in different parts of the house, I gotta make my own food now, more often than just three times a week.

"I should also stay away from fast food," I say laughing to myself, carefully wiping the last of my tears before grabbing my things and left to town.

I didn't know what I'd find there.

-Time Skip-

I hummed as I walked into town, a bit tired but over all, I'm pretty good. I decided to get another coffee since I like having more than one cup. I walked into a Starbucks and ordered a normal black coffee, liking the stronger taste, then simply waited.

I looked out at the people walking around outside, smiling, talking, or quiet. All kinds of people of all sorts of nationalities just going about their daily lives. I hummed before seeing someone...familiar.

"Didn't (d/n) leave already," I wonder to myself. I squinted to try and see a bit better but then heard someone call my name. I saw the barista holding a cup and calling for Seen. Of course. They always do that, but I can't really blame them, my name is slightly confusing.

I walked up and got my drink, thanking the barista before giving a tip then walked outside. People were still walking around and going into shops. I hummed before deciding to go into the game shop, maybe I could find a new game for the channel.