Chapter 1 Updated

(A/n: before you start reading, this story will have a lot of ties to the song above so if you want to have a clue as to how this might end please listen to it (even if you don't want to know, it's a really good song!)

Also, if you're a returning reader please don't spam comments such as 'I'm nothing like that' or anything along the lines of 'lies', while I appreciate feedback, that's not something I can build upon

Y/n: your name

F/a: favorite animal

Btw; you're about six in this first chapter)

"Are you ready (y/n)," ma asked. I looked up at her and smiled slightly although I was very nervous. I played with my fingers looking around as she walked me to the car. It was nice reflective red and small but I like it. It was bright outside, the sky was a pretty blue with a lot of fluffy clouds. 

Ma has to leave with papa to go work so I'm going to be staying with a new sitter. I'm excited but scared. What if I get hurt and he can't help me? I'm only so big, and yeah I'm seven, but I know I'm a handful. What if he can't keep me safe?

"Y-yeah. But...w-what if they don't like me?"

"Why wouldn't they like you? You're cute, adorable, strong, and funny," ma said softly looking down at me and rubbed my head making me laugh softly before frowning.

"Y-yeah b-but I don't know them. I-I don't want to go," I said with slight tears in my eyes.

"(Y/n) you can't come with us. You're too young. But don't worry if you're scared just hug Silly," ma said smiling while putting me in the back seat.

I looked down at the stuffed cat in my hands. Papa won it at the fair for me. It's black and white and had yellow eyes. I named him Silly because pa always makes him talk. Plus I was three at the time.

"Ok, ma. I guess we can go..." I said looking up at her with a smile. She was always able to get me to calm down. I love my family.

"That's my brave little (f/a). I'll be there for a little while then I'll have to leave. He lives near the forest so you'll have lots of space to play. And he has a dog and some other animals. You'll have a great time while we're gone."

'I don't think so. I don't like strangers,' I thought. I started to get nervous so I hugged Silly to calm down. I looked outside and watched as our neighborhood changed and slowly, trees started to surround us. After a little while, I fell asleep and had a weird dream.

*dream*

It was dark. Above me, there were small holes of light and it looked like I was underground somehow. I looked around and noticed a small park. It was old and there was no one there.

"Hello," I call out, walking towards the old rusted gate. It's cold here; like it was night or the sun never reached here. I shivered before hearing a meow and turned around.

There, sitting on an old stump, was the cat my papa had gotten me when I was three. I smiled before running over and hugged him, gently petting his cool, soft fur. I pet him for a while before he jumped out of my arms and started walking farther into the park.

"Hey, come back," I shouted, running after the cat. I caught my cat before noticing a man walking around. He had his back to me but even from here I could tell that something about him was...off.

This man had a light blue jumper on, he had a grey flat cap and earings on. I can't remember what they're called but they stretch your ears. He had dark pants on, I think they were black and when he turned around they were torn on the front.