Chapter 4 Updated

(y/n) your name
(d/n) dad's name
(b/d) birthday

Jack's POV

I sighed before gently hugging (y/n), sad that I have to do this.

"Jack? What's wrong? Are you okay," they ask softly. I sigh sadly, my breath trembling as I did. That man, (d/n), he's nothing less than a prick and asshole. He didn't deserve (y/n). 

No one deserved them. Only me.

I opened my eyes quickly at the thought. No, that wasn't me. I have to give them back. I could just be misjudging the situation. Yeah, (d/n) is probably a nice guy. He's probably just having a hard time 'cause he lost his wife. That has to be it.

"Uh...(y/n), your pa is here. It's time to go home," I say softly. They looked up at me with confusion clear in their beautiful little eyes. God, they are not making this easy for me.

"But, I am home."

I bit my lip to keep myself quiet. Don't break now, otherwise, you won't last. It'll be okay.

"N-no (y/n). You...you gotta go home with your papa. I'm...I'm not your papa."

They were quiet for a moment before tearing up. I held onto the poor child, rocking them as they started sobbing. I sighed as I rocked them, cooing to them before hearing someone knock on the guard door again. I growled before carefully picking (y/n) up and slowly walked back into the living room.

"It'll be okay (y/n), we'll get to see each other again. And never forget, this will always be your home too. When you're older, you can come visit as much as you want. If I ever move, I'll do what I can to tell you, okay," I ask softly, smiling as they nod and look up at me.

"Okay. I'll come home again, and then we'll play together with Gizmo and eat cake!"

I laughed before gently setting them on the ground and opened the front guard door. I watched as (d/n) took their hand, gave a rough 'thanks' then left without another word. I watched as (y/n) was set in their seat smiling and waving once they did, then watched as they were driven away.

"Bastard didn't even go to his wife's funeral. How the fuck does he expect to take care of a kid like that," I growled before sitting in my recording area and looked up at the camera. I had recorded a few videos with (y/n), since I thought they were going to be here for three weeks at least.

I sighed before turning on the computer and started reading a few of the comments on the recent video with (y/n). I laughed softly as I read them.

Everyone absolutely loved (y/n). Some wanted to 'adopt' them, others wanted to smother them in gifts...but one broke my heart.

"Jack, I didn't know you had I kid," I read out loud. "(Y/n) is adorable and I hope to see them in more videos."

I sighed before deciding that I had to tell everyone. I've always tried to be as transparent as possible so I have to do this.

Even if it hurts. It'll probably help so I might as well anyway.

"Three," I started, turning on the camera and audacity. "Three, two, one. Top of the mornin' to ya laddies, my name is Jacksepticeye and...I'm afraid I have some news. Many of you know about (y/n), the kid I was taking care of. Yeah, they weren't mine. I was just sitting for their mother, who was...still is, a good friend of mine.

"Unfortunately, (y/n)'s mother...passed away. It was a complete accident, no one knows what happened, it was a complete accident. I uh, I took (y/n) home and I was doing everything I could to take care of them, which I think I did a good job at doing...but their father came and picked them up recently. I don't know when or if (y/n) will come back, but I do know that this house will always be theirs. And if you guys want, I can upload the last video with (y/n), or you guys could make a tribute, since I know you guys like that, and upload it to the channel.

"Thank you guys for watching, I won't do my normal outro 'cause it's too...I don't know, it just doesn't feel right. So, I'll see you guys later. Bye."

I sighed as I uploaded the video by itself, not bothering to edit it. I wiped my tears before taking a deep breath then made the mistake of reading the comments after the video had uploaded. Everyone was so nice, wishing me well and hope. They hoped that (y/n) would be safe and that we could be together again.

I bit my tongue before getting up and turned everything off, going to the room and fell asleep. I need to keep my mind off things. I swear though, I heard (y/n) talking. It sounded like they were asking for help, that they were in danger, but by the time I heard it, I was asleep.

~~~

I looked around the living room, the TV playing cartoons and the music being so quiet that I almost couldn't hear it. It was some kind of show about hope and rest. How strange.

"Papa!"

I turned around and smiled before dropping to my knees and held (y/n) close, tears in my eyes as I rocked them back and forth. My kid. My child.

My (y/n).

I smiled as (y/n) and I played all kinds of different games. We started with Shadow of the Colossus, my favorite game and one they seemed to really enjoy. The game changed from a giant Colossus to a giant animatronic. I held (y/n) close as Freddy screamed in their face, scaring them near tears.

I whispered soft words to the poor thing, rocking them and calming them down from what just happened. 

I was meant to protect them from everything that would hurt them. I was meant to protect them and love them. Now I've failed...they're gone now, all because of me.