He even missed Ryders third birthday party.

Let's just say Hope didn't get him a "Best Father of The Year" mug that fathers day.

Three months after Ryders second birthday Hope fell pregnant with her and Liams second child.

Skylin Posie Smith was born on
February 17th, 2006.
She was a mommy's girl from the beginning.

Liam once again was over the moon about his first born daughter.

That didn't last of course.

Once again, by the age of two he had started to leave again.

Ryder had been protective over his sister from the moment he met her.
Though he was only three, he offered to help his mom with anything she needed while she was with the baby since he knew his father wasn't around to do so.

He loved his mom and his sister with his whole heart.

Over the years the kids saw their dad more and had some similance of a relationship with him.

Though it would never amount to the relationship they had with their mother.

The three were as close as a family could get.
The children adored their mother and looked at her like she had been the one to put the stars in the sky.

Most people would love to have a  relationship with their kids like Hope does with her own.

There are no words to explain how much Hope loved her children.

She would take a bullet for them without a moment of hesitation.

Hope is now twenty eight years old. Ryder is seven and Skylin has just turned four.

Liam is still rarely present but that doesn't effect the three.

They had each other.
And that was enough for them.

The kids started to see their father as more of a distant uncle. But they were ok with that because they knew they would always have their mother.

Life was good.

But good things never last.

In May of 2010 the world around them started to fall apart.

Literally.

On the 19th of May 2010, two days after Skylins fourth birthday.
Hope had to go to Florida for a bizarre  accident involving her aunt to grow ill.

Hope didn't want her children exposed to any sort of sickness so she left them at home with Liam.

She had only intended to be gone for a few days.

But of course, the moment she made it to the hospital her aunt was residing at, all hell broke loose.

Hope will never be able to forget what she saw that day.
All the blood.
All the death.
All the horror.
It was now forever engraved in her mind.