Epilogue

"Curse you, Sonic!" Eggman yells, having another one of his robots crush by the blue-bur. Sonic just sighs and walks back to his hut and lay on his hammock.

Eggman his egg-mobile and leaned to whisper to Sonic's crew, "Hey, what's up with him?"

Amy turns to him, her hand on her hip, "Y/n."

"What, they fight or something? Where is she anyway?" Eggman asks, looking around.

The others look down in despair. "She's well...um...not around" Tails turns the other way, his ears lowering, "...anymore..."

Took Eggman a while to put two-in-two together. But when he did, he made an "oh" at the realization. "Well, I'm still a man with respect," they gave him a look at that, "so I'll be leaving for now." He said, starting his engine. He turns back to them, "by the way, what happened to you guys?" He asks.

Considering the last ingredient they needed was the emerald, that unfortunately disappeared along with their dear friend, they are still, now, stuck at their half-mobian-half-human self.

"Your invention did this," Sticks answers, "the one you use when you trapped us in that trap."

"My invention did that?" Eggman asks, a bit amaze "good, but still worthless cause it didn't destroy you all!" He yells in fury before, finally, leaving.

The 4 sigh before they sadly turn to their blue-friend. He was still devastated about the loss of Y/n. They all were, Sonic just has the biggest impact.

"Think he's gonna be alright?" Amy asks worriedly.

Tails shrugs "don't know, he's been like that since the battle. I tried talking to him, but he would only give a short answer."

"Think he'll feel better if I do a chant that'll make Y/n's soul appear and talk some sense into him?" Sticks ask, curiously.

"What? No!" Amy denies

"yeah, Sticks, that won't work." Knuckles joins in, "Sonic will feel better if we do that game where I toss someone to a coconut tree."

"No!" Amy yells, "He just needs time to himself! It's obvious Y/n's...disappearance...created a large impact on him." Amy looks back at Sonic's form, her eyes saddening before she turns back to her friends. "We all do."

The others nodded. They all turn to go back to their own homes. When a sudden crash on the sea, that created a small earthquake, made them all turn back and look at the sea, Sonic included.

They all got close to the edge of the beach and saw something emerging in the water. They all got defensive.

The familiar greenish-black slime emerges in the sea, which causes them to gasp. "Can't be..." Sticks trailed off.

"You guys don't think...that it's back...right?" Knuckles ask. He gulps, "for revenge, maybe?"

"Probably," Sonic said, glaring at the creature that took Y/n away from them. From him. "Okay, guys, get ready." The others nodded, determined to finally finish him.

The slime took a step, before wobbly falling back to his knees, Groaning from exhaustion.

The others watch in confusion but still guarded, as the slime in front of them start to slowly disperse to the water.

"Dang..." The person groaned, "he can fly...he could've just flew me down then wrap me in slime."

Everyone watched in shock at the person in front of them. The one they thought they lost.

"Y/n!" They all yelled in joy.

The first person to move was Sonic. Quickly run up to Y/n and wrap her in his arms once again.