"Stop!" She squeals.

Kaden just sees red.

"Get off her!" He yells at Aleksio, who jumps back in fright.

"Kaden!" I yell at him and pick up the little boy, his eyes have started to water and his lips have started to tremble.

"I'm s-sorry." He whimpers. "I didn't hurt her."

"I know you didn't, little man. Kaden is just being a big grumpy idiot." I whisper to him and he smiles.

Kaden ignores me and goes to pick Lily up but she scowls at him and moves away.

"Lily." He warns.

"You're a meanie butt." She pouts, crossing her arms over her chest. "Say sorry!"

His eyes widen and then he looks at me, I raise my eyebrows at him and see him clench his jaw. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Aleksio." He mumbles and storms out the room.

My gosh.

***

Today is Lily's fifth birthday.

Kaden made sure she had everything she wanted, he decorated the garden Princess Tiana themed along with a massive princess cake. She was very appreciative, as she started to cry with happiness making Kaden worry, I had to reassure him it was happy tears.

She's running around outside in her Princess Tiana dress, a real diamond tiara placed on her curly hair.

Kaden decided to give it to her as an apology for upsetting Aleksio.

Aleksio seems to be her bodyguard for the day, he follows her around everywhere she goes. Her other little friends crowd around her, giggling.

"Baby." Kaden stands behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling his head in my neck.

"Mmm." I turn my head a little, to look at him.

"Thank you for helping me make our little girl's day special." He kisses my cheek, then turns me to face him.

"Anything for Lily-" I give him a genuine smile. "-and lay off Aleksio!" I hit his arm and then walk away, into the living room.

"Hey, Mami." I jump and grab my chest in fright.

"Shit!" I look up and see Elena smirking at me.

"I don't mean to make you uncomfortable, I guess it's just the way I am. You and I could be great friends." She smiles and raises a glass of beer to her lips, which are covered in dark red lipstick.

"Fine." I laugh. "I guess it was just a bit of shock seeing you, Kaden never told me he had a sister." I smile at her and she just rolls her eyes.

"Course he didn't. I mean the first thing he said to me when I got here, and I quote, 'stay the fuck away from my woman!'" I laugh at her impersonation of Kaden. "What made you want to be with my ugly brother?" She smiles.

"He was very persistent-" I pause. "-are you also part of the Mafia?"

"Ava babe, I am the baddest assassin alive." My eyes widen and I take a step back

"Oh."

"Don't worry, I won't kill you. You're family." She shrugs and makes her way out of the living room but not before pinching my arse. I squeal and look away in embarrassment.

After checking on Lily and her friends, I make my way to Kaden's office. Opening the door I see him sat on the edge of his desk, a glass of whiskey in his hands and a cigar.

"Really Kaden? You're smoking that shit?" He smirks but puts it out anyway.

"Sorry, baby." He looks so good right now, his suit jacket is on the back of his chair, he has rolled the sleeves up on his shirt, revealing the veins on his thick arms.

Damn.

"You look stressed?" I walk up to him and stroke the stubble on his face, he leans his face further into my hand.

"The need to protect you and Lily is all that plays on my mind, but I worry that one day I'll fail at doing that." He looks down at me with vulnerable eyes. "I'm scared that one of you will be taken away from me."

"Kaden I'm not going anywhere." I stroke his cheeks with my thumb and reach up to peck him on the lips. "You've got me forever and I'll also protect you and Lily with my life." He smiles down at me and nuzzles his head in my breasts.

"When does your period end?"

I gently hit him round the head and make my way out. His laugh echoes through the office.

***

A couple hours later and Lily is fast asleep on the sofa, her head rests on Aleksio's shoulder, who is also asleep. All her friends have gone, so I start to clear up the plates and switch off the tv, trying not to make as much noise. 

I go to the front door ready to put the rubbish in the bin outside, I open the door but I pause when I see an unopened box with Kaden's name written on the top of it.

"The fuck is that." I mutter to myself, I go to pick it up but jump at the voice behind me.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

💛