Chapter 19 - Panic

I was up against Iida. I was distracted so I didn't hear Midnight say go. Iida ran fast towards me trying to push me out of the ring. I snapped out of my thoughts just in time to see that I was on the edge almost out of bounds. I used my quirk on myself. Floating above him. Before I could get high enough. He grabbed my leg. I tried to use my fire to stop him. But it was to late with all of his strength he pulled me down. I lost concentration of my quirk causing me to fall out of bounds. I was panting from the air getting knocked out of me.

"That was a good fight. But you were distracted." He said while holding his hand out for me to take.

I took his hand then he pulled me up. "Yeah I was distracted sorry I didn't put up a bigger fight. Congrats on winning."

I was sitting next to Uraraka and Izuku. They both were talking to Iida. Until Iida got a phone call. He looked worried. I wonder what that was about. Once he was done with the phone call. He informed us that he needed to leave because his brother was attacked by villains. He then left. I really hoped that his brother was okay.

"Hey Can I talk to you before my match starts?" I looked up to see Todoroki. I really didn't want to talk to him but I said yes and started to follow him to the waiting room.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I said sitting down.

"Earlier in the tunnel when I asked your brother if he was related to all might. After I said that I didn't want your help. I saw that you were crying. Was I the reason that you were crying?" He asked avoiding eye contact.

"I - um" I started to say until Bakugo kicked the door open.

"Hey what the hell are you both doing in here? This is my space to - oh crap this is waiting room number two? All right, fine, so I may have walked into the wrong room. But don't think that that means that I won't be on top of my game. You got that?" Bakugo said walking into the room.

"You better bring all you got to this, Icy hot." He yelled setting off an explosion near both of our faces.

I jumped and whimpered. Shit Why did I just do that?

They both noticed. Todoroki looked concerned. While Bakugo looked confused and irritated.

"What the hell was that?" Bakugo said looking at me.

I felt my chest tighten and my breath go uneven. I need to get out of here.

I stood up and walked to the door. Without turning around I said

"Todoroki to answer your question from earlier. Yes you were the reason. I wish you both luck in your battle."

Once I was out of the door I ran to the nearest bathroom. I swung the door open quickly going into the stall and started vomiting and sobbing. I hate this feeling.

I was pretty good at hiding my feelings in front of others but because of this there would be times where I will become overwhelmed. It was like my body would explode and I couldn't control it.

The only ones who know about this were Izuku and mom.

I must have gotten scared by Bakugo's explosion. I need to calm down. I'm safe now.

I started to take deep breathes in then out. Continuing this until I felt slightly better.

"(Y/N) are you okay?" Uraraka asked.

Shoot I thought that there was no one in here.

"Yeah It's just a side effect of using my telekinesis on myself." I lied.

"Oh trust me I know the feeling. I vomit if I use my quirk to much." She said. We both laughed.

Good she seemed to believe me.

I got up washing my face and cleaning my mouth out. We walked out together to watched the last battle. Todoroki vs. Bakugo.

"(Y/N) your face is very pale. Are you okay." Momo asked.

Before I could answer. Uraraka explained.

"It's a side effect of her quirk."

I took a seat next to Izuku.

"Did "It" happen." Brother whispered knowing that the side effect excuse was a total lie.

"Yeah Bakugo created an explosion near me and it caused me to panic." I whispered back turning my attention to the fight.

As much as I disliked Todoroki at the moment. I hated Bakugo so I was hoping that Todoroki would win. He was only using his ice so his body was getting frostbite.

"Come on Todoroki, don't give up, Do your best!" Izuku shouted.

I got up "Todoroki, You got this, Kick his ass." I screamed. His left side caught on fire but it quickly died out. Bakugo attacked causing Todoroki to pass out and be out of bounds. Which meant Bakugo won.