12: Taehyung

Sunnie: Taehyung where are we going??

Me: Shh. It’s a surprise. 

Sunnie: I probably should have told you I don’t like surprises.

Me: Sucks. 

Sunnie: Seriously, you are making me anxious. 

I couldn’t help smirking over her cuteness. She was fidgeting with her fingers in the passenger seat of my car. We were a few miles outside of campus, more towards where there are a lot of apartment buildings and complexes that a lot of the students live in.  

Sunnie: Just tell me~

Me: No missy. 

I turned into a lake park. There is a huge pond there, it’s so big people actually call it a lake because geography is apparently no one’s strong suit. Besides, Green Lake has a better ring to it than Green Pond. 

The pond is surrounded by trees, there is a bridge for fishing, a little playground, but more importantly, there is a 1 ⅓ mile trail going around it. It looks great for nature instagram aesthetics. 

And even better, down the trail, there a little opening that has a view of the “lake”. Another place I liked coming to during freshman year, specifically after midterms. 

Sunnie: You’re grand surprise is a lake park? 

Me: C’mon. It’ll be fun. 

Sunnie: For who? Bugs eat me for breakfast. 

Me: I’ll protect you from mosquitoes sweetheart.

Sunnie: What are we gonna do out here anyways? 

Me: Are you always so skeptical? 

Sunnie: Do you blame me? 

I reached over to grab her hand and I softly smiled. Her shaky hand started to become idle while I warmly grasped it. Her skin is velvety and creamy, her nails done in clear. 

Me: Just trust me sweetheart. Mhm?

My phone started buzzing uncontrollably. I sighed heavily seeing it was Gigi. The text went as followed. 

Gigi: Taehyungiee

Gigi: Helloooooooooooo

Gigi: Did you forget that I told you about the pleading season that’s gonna start? I need your help getting things together. 

Gigi: Taehyung!!

Gigi: C’mon I haven’t even seen or heard from you in forever!

Gigi: I really need your help for tonight’s pledge party

Gigi: Stop ignoring me!

Gigi: TAEHYUNG

Gigi: What the hell Taehyung? 

Gigi: Whatever I did, I’ll make it up to you~

Gigi: HELLO? WHY AM I HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH MYSELF?!?!?!?!

How the fuck does someone type that damn fast? 

Sunnie: Who’s that? 

Me: Yoongi and Hoseok in the groupchat. Trust me you don’t wanna know what they’re talking about. 

I slipped my phone into my pocket after putting it on mute. We stepped out and opened the trunk where I had a cooler. First I pulled out the bug spray, shaking it up while looking at Sunnie who glared at me. 

Me: Get over here you. 

Sunnie: I’m not a baby. 

Me: You’re right. You’re my baby.