alternate ending | one

Start from the beginning

he immediately walked out and i followed him. fuck, have i caused too much again?

he was getting ready to get in the car and i was also too.

he was waling calmly but his face, disagrees.

"i'm sorry, seongcheol."

"no, it wasn't your fault."

he held my hand. but i wasn't comfortable to hold it. i was just so lost at the moment. i was fucking lost. i don't know what to do.

--

after we got home, i was still thinking a t the moment, i was holding up my phone wanting to text someone

hey, could you get tickets for me?|

suddenly, i heard a sound coming from behind me, i immediately hid the phone in my pocket and turned my attention to the sound.

but then before i could even look at it arms were wrapped around my waist from behind me. the warmth was there, it was very calming it was like a refuge for me.

i sighed, how can i deserve this man?

i turned around and kissed him passionately.

the wicked thoughts surrounding me, vanished. this guy is definitely everything i need.

the night ended very quick as we both got to bed.

-
after three days..

"it definitely wasn't your fault." seongcheol said while putting on his black polo. he looks worried that we're now going to vein's funeral.

"and i know its scary for the both of us to come, but please, be my strength." seongcheol added, he looked at me in the eyes and the sincerity he proposed was seen on every part of his body he even teared up saying this.

in return, i went up to him and hugged him. am i really this lucky?

"we'll talk once the funeral is over." i said to him.

----

we went to the funeral and many people were present at the moment people were scattered here and there. numerous voices were present at the funeral.

eyes were pointed at the both of us, i almost thought we are the dead ones, for how they look at us it seems that we were actually the cause of everything. i can see seongcheol tightening his grip due to his uncontrollable anger and exhaustion.

i patted his shoulder just to assure that he doesn't need to be angry. he turned his gaze a bit at me and i smiled at him and nodded to show him that i am okay. after all, maybe they still know that i am the boyfriend of the one in the coffin, maybe seeing me with seongcheol isn't weird at all.

but what if they don't?

i sighed the exhaustion away along with my thoughts it was hard to keep up my emotions these past few days, it has been.. depressing. luckily i have this man by my side, he mends my heart, convincing me to be happy and in fact i am happy. he's my answered prayer, i am very thankful for him from the bottom of my heart.

his mother suddenly came up on a platform where the mic was there. everyone's attention were turned there and everyone settled down with their seats. seongcheol and i sat at the very back.

her mother started saying things, i can even hear her mourn for her daughter, the death of you own child is really depressing indeed, but it was suicide, you did not teach your child enough, you haven't shown true guidance to her. maybe you have your own flaws but the girl needed something, and you weren't there to fulfill it. and the half of the burden i think was at us, it was us i think.

----

i placed my chin above my arm which is placed upon the window and stared blankly.

"baby, it wasn't your fault." seongcheol keeps reminding.

he stopped the car somewhere. and decided to hug me, tears came rushing out. the one thing i've been hiding from him is my sadness. apart from everything, there was also regrets, im not a cold person to not know that i was root of everything she did.

is it really worth it staying with this person?

i shook my thoughts away for it was getting scary.

"i, i know it isn't but im regretting that i wasn't by her." i mourned for more.

i didn't know where to put the sadness inside my heart so i just had let go of everything in front of him.

we stayed like that for hours and got home.

---

several months later

"baby.." seongcheol called.

i was very irritated since earlier for i knew he was hiding something from me. i just know it. he doesn't wanna tell me and we're both frustrated about that.

"what?!" i stresfully replied.

seongcheol looked sorry right now so he stood up and went somewhere. its been months since we became official, by the way and ever since we've been doing good. except, we have to hide it from his parents.

hiding it was a little bit painful, butif you look at the situation, telling them what we are will make it worse, you don't wanna see a dead seongcheol and jeonghan along the way right?

suddenly, the music changed, it wasn't even finished and people started standing up, movin around the table and clapping along the beat.

i am weirded with their actions, is there something i don't know?

but then, a smiling seoncheol was what i actually saw, holding up a mic.

"its a beautiful night,

im looking for something dumb to do,

hey baby, i think i wanna marry you.."

as he sang along with the people my heart started to race realizing what is actually happening.

"is it the look in your eyes,

or is it this dancing juice

who cares baby,

i think i wanna marry you.."

he was now approaching me. i was fucking nervous and embarrassed as hell, along with my embarrassment, i started to realize familiar people were actually hanging in here. there was mingyu, arc, and my officemates. wow, am i seriously dumb? mingyu even got the courage to wave at me happily like a kid. and i smiled back at him.

"to my baby, i know its been months and im sorry for earlier this day, i wanted to prove how much i love you, and of course after everything we've been through.."

i think im almost gonna cry with his words its very warming.

"Angel, Hannie, Han, Yoon Jeonghan. Will you marry me?"

-end-
--