♦︎Chapter 2♦︎ Forgotten

You woke up to the sound of Peridot making one of her logs on the weird recorder thing. You felt the Gem, that you found last night, was still in your hand. You got up and examined it again noticing that nothing happened whilst you slept. "I guess I can now show Peridot, maybe she'll know what it is." You said to yourself.

You got up and stretched before making your way to Peridot who had just finished recording her log. "Hey Peridot." You said whilst sitting next to her. "Do you want to see what I found?" Peridot suddenly remembered what you said last night, about what to show her something. "Ok sure, I have to go see Pumpkin soon so be quick."

You nodded and smiled as you slowly opened your palm to reveal the orange gemstone. You were very excited but on the other hand, Peridot seemed terrified. "OH MY STARS! GET THAT AWAY FROM ME!" You were confused as to why Peridot was so scared until you heard Lapis coming in through the door. "What's with all the-..."

Lapis also froze in place, as if she had seen a ghost. "W-why do you have that?" She also began to freak out. Peridot ran behind Lapis and they both stared at you. "Um...What's the matter?"
"WE NEED TO GET RID OF IT! BUBBLE IT OR SOMETHING!" Peridot panicked. You hesitate but agreed anyway. As you began to bubble it, the gem began to glow and float out of your reach.

It was beginning to form. Lapis and Peridot shrieked as they step back. A white light began to form into a shape that resembled a body, similar to the one in your dreams. Not long after, it's hair and colour formed. The same orange skin, red stripes, body form, hair, but her uniform was different and plain. The gem fell to the floor with a thud and was panting.

Lapis and Peridot hid round the door as you just sat there. "Where am I?" The voice was also the same, scratchy and deep but she was confused. Spinning around, she saw you just sitting and watching quietly. "You, where am I?" You were confused as to why the others where so terrified. "In a barn." You said bluntly. She looked exactly like them gem you had in your dreams.

"What's a barn?" You raised and eyebrow, not bothered to explain much. "It where me, Peridot and Lapis stay." You saw Lapis and Peridot shoot looks at you from around the door as you mentioned them. "Who are they?" The large gem asked. The two others hiding behind the door, looked at each other in confusion. "My friends." You simply replied.

"So where are you from?" You asked. Curiosity getting the better of you. "I- don't even know. Where did I come from?" Peridot came running in. "Don't you know?" She squeaked, looking up at the stranger. "Isn't it what I just said." You were a bit confused as to what was going on. "Jasper?" Lapis peeped around the corner, still scared.

"Who's Jasper?" The big gem replied. "Hey Lapis, I think Jasper doesn't remember a thing." Peridot hissed. So it was called Jasper. "Hey Jasper~ You won't mind if we escort you to the others do you?" Peridot said with a sarcastic smile, still obviously terrified. "Um, ok." Jasper said with a shrug of her shoulders and began to follow the others out side.

Everything was awkward, even for Jasper. She obviously had no idea what was happening either. It only took a few minutes to arrive at Steven's house. You brought Jasper to the front door and knocked, waiting for one of the gems, that lived there, to open the door. Jasper was looking around, getting used to her surroundings.

Soon Steven opened the door with a happy face. "Hey guys~ wwwwHOOOA!" and with that, Steven run back inside. "Guys, GUYS!" Soon Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst walked into the room. "It's Jasper. She's back!" You just stood in front of Jasper in confusion. You didn't understand what was happening and neither did Jasper. "But wait!" Peridot interrupted. "She seems to have...forgotten everything, as if she's been reset.

Everyone was confused at this point. "How did she end up here?" Garnet questioned. "Not even I could have predicted this."
"I - umm. I may have picked her gem from the beach." You sheepishly replied, all attention focused of you. "What are we going to do?" Pearl hissed at Garnet, unsure of what to do. "Let's keep her." Garnet said bluntly. You and Jasper just shrugged your shoulders but everybody else was shocked. "I don't see her being a threat. She can stay in the barn."

Time Skip

You and Jasper sat on your little hay stack, getting to know each other. "So you don't remember a thing?" Jasper just shook her head. "I only remember waking up in this place." You nodded and led back, staring up at the ceiling. "What about you (G/n). Where are you from?" Jasper asked as she led down beside you on her side, make your face heat up.

You couldn't remember much yourself either. "Eh. I only remember waking up in a forest not long ago. I can't remember anything else before that." You led there, thinking deeply. A mixture of thoughts going through your head. You didn't realise how close Jasper was to you until she interrupted your thinking. "What are you staring at?"

You jumped a bit and blushed in embarrassment. "Oh sorry, I drifted off." You said. You didn't know what was coming over you but you never acted like this before. "(G/n)." You sat up along with Jasper and saw Lapis standing by the entrance. "Can we talk for a bit?" Lapis didn't seem to happy with you but when did she ever. You shrugged your shoulders and told Jasper to wait behind as you walked out.

Lapis took you around the barn to the back so Jasper couldn't hear your conversation. "What is it Lapis?" You asked. "Listen, I know I've been rough on you but I need you to do me a favour. Keep Jasper away from me please?" You couldn't see why Lapis didn't like Jasper but you didn't question it. "Oh and be careful." And with that Lapis spread her water wings and flew away.

'Be careful?' You thought as you walked back around. Lapis was never really interested in your safety but now she was. Non of it added up to you. Why everyone was scared of her. Maybe they encountered her before or Jasper wasn't as she used to be,