𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

WYATT WAS frozen. 

He couldn't believe that he hadn't trusted Jaeden at first. Of course he had nothing to do with this; he was one of Wyatt's best friends. And, Wyatt could barely believe that Finn simply had been a 'nice guy.'

And now he felt awful.

His sister was completely tricked and manipulated into turning away from Jaeden and he couldn't believe that she'd been taken away from him. Not literally – of course – but figuratively. 

The next item on the agenda was figuring out how to fix Jaeverly, and fast.

Today was November ninth and Wyatt had promised he'd be at the airport to pick Jaeden up. The others were all busy, aside from Finn and Waverly, who were practically inseparable at this point. 

The three bundled out of the car one by one and walked towards the sliding door in front of them. Wyatt leant himself against the information board, while Waverly and Finn chattered away.

They had only been stood in the cold, busy room for a few minutes by the time Jaeden had appeared through the crowd, his smile growing wider as he saw his friends again.

First he hugged Wyatt, before turning to Waverly and smiling down at her. She so badly wanted to race into his arms. 

But she was with Finn now. 

She barely knew the boy stood in front of her, and no matter how right it felt to wish she was with Jaeden, she had to let go. To be polite, she hugged him anyway.

She leant her head into his chest and squeezed her eyes shut, not wanting to open them in fear of losing this moment that reminded her so much of the past few weeks. 

——

THEN, WAVERLY opened her eyes to the sound of a car, and she sat herself up from the freezing snow, her smile beaming as she saw her brother through the window. She was tightly gripping onto a large sign, messily reading "welcome home, wy guy" in big, bold letters. 

She was slightly confused as to why she'd had a daydream about Jaeden Martell (a boy she hadn't even met yet) but she was still excited to see him. 

She watched as the three boys stepped out of the car. "Wyatt!" She called, running into his embrace. He tightly held her in his arms before breaking away and turning to face the boy behind him. 

"Waverly, this is Jaeden. Jaeden, this is Waverly." Wyatt laughed as the two hugged and grinned slightly at each other. 

"I feel like we've met before?" Jaeden questioned. 

His query earned a nervous giggle from Waverly who was keeping her lips sealed in order to prevent herself from admitting that she'd just had a dream about him. Then, Waverly turned to face the slightly taller teen and smiled kindly. 

"Finn, this is-" Wyatt started, but was quickly interrupted by Finn himself.

"Waverly? Yes, I am aware." He joked, "I'm sure we've met before, too." 

The four kids dragged themselves into the house, discussing how awful the ride here was. 

"It was sooo long!" Finn had whined.

 "I slept for most of it." Was all Wyatt had muttered. 

Meanwhile, Waverly shot a small, heart-melting smile towards Jaeden, who smiled back – the both of them feeling a light glow of red dust their faces. 

"Welcome home, Wy." Waverly smiled as they stepped into the house, the door closing abruptly behind them.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.