Levi x Reader: In Love With My Bestfriend (MDT)

~(Y/N)~

Sitting on my twin-sized bed I look to my right at the digital clock, it's red numbers read 1:53. I had stayed up longer than expected to study for a biology test and calculus test. I was growing tired and frustrated with the numbers on the paper and overlooking the same old boring notes. I couldn't call Levi to help since he hardly answered his phone. His sleeping schedule was just as out of wack as mine.

It was my final year of high school with my best friend Levi who had been my best friend since we were in kindergarten. He was the only real human he'd ever tolerate being around since I didn't annoy him.

Flipping through the pages of my old notebook I had found little notes scribbled at the side of my note from biology, Levi sat next to me and was my lab partner. We'd spend most of the period writing in each other's notebooks and taking notes.

We had been doing that since middle school. Middle school was also the time I had found out I was hopelessly in love with him, it was an unexplainable feeling. It was like he could walk into a room and leave me breathless somehow, and when he left my side I felt lonely as ever.

Frowning down at the paper realizing we'd be in separate colleges I felt a sudden urge to rip the notes out and save them for myself. Grabbing my phone I dial his number and press the phone to my ear. It rang a few times before there was a slight shuffling sound of him placing it to his ear.

"What is it?" he asks.

"Did I wake you? Sorry." I say.

"No, I was studying for that fucking test in biology, her notes suck ass," he complains.

"I've been studying too, at least you don't also have calculus," I answer.

"Do you need help? I should still have my notes," he asks, his tone was slightly tired.

"If you can." I sigh.

There was a long pause while Levi rummaged his room for his notes. Since the sixth grade, all I had ever done was keep my feelings to myself, and now I was scared more than I was before to tell him due to the fact we'd be separated at college. Levi wasn't the type of guy to really date, he was perfectly content with just being friends with someone and that was it.

And there was reason number two, I was afraid he'd reject me and it'd make things awkward between us. A light shuffling sound caught my attention bringing me back from my thoughts of what could be. For the next hour, Levi helped me with my studying until I grew tired and called it a night.

~Next Day~

The sound of my alarm clock beeped in my ear, it made me regret not falling asleep earlier last night. Groaning I turn and cover my head under the pillow wishing I could sleep longer in my comfy bed. Slapping the snooze button I laid there looking out the window. Another cloudy day.

There were at least three more weeks until graduation, I was excited yet nervous. Even if Levi and I had the summer to ourselves there would still be that taunting voice in the back of my head telling me that it's only a matter of time until we are both off to college never to see each other again.

That part of the summer I would dread. I was still waiting to hear from my college choice Stanford, while Levi was going to Columbia. Part of me hoped I'd get accepted but the other wished it would decline me and allow me to stay on the east coast.

Sighing loudly I climb out of bed and get ready. Pulling my hair up into a messy bun I tossed on a loose t-shirt and jeans. Stepping in front of my long mirror I made sure I didn't look like a complete hobo today.