Hallelujah

This story uses current cast members as well as former members: I guess you can say it's set starting season 6 though obviously I'm not following canon.

THIS IS ABOUT EPISODES 6X23 SANCTUARY AND 6X24 DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS. ANY RECOGNIZABLE SCENES AND DIALOGE BELONG TO GREYS ANATOMY. SOME SCENCES HAVE BEEN TAKEN AND ALTERED TO FIT THE STORY.

THE SONG IN THIS CHAPTER IS HALLELUJAH BY LEONARD COEHN

"The tragedy of life is not death.... but what we let die inside of us while we live."

~Norman Cousin

Well, I heard there was a secret cord

That David played and it pleased the Lord

But you don't really care for music, do you?

Well it goes like this:

The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift

The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halleluiah, Halleluiah

Stepping into the halls of Seattle Grace Mercy West it felt like any other day. The hospital was busy; patients, doctors, nurses, visitors all going about their normal routine activities. Nothing out of the ordinary had occurred.

Everyone at Seattle was about to find out that it was anything but an ordinary day.

Two hours into her shift, Savannah heard a loud noise, coming from a nearby supply closet. She walked over to see what the commotion was all about.

The next few seconds happened so fast she couldn't react. Out of the corner of her eye she saw someone on the floor, unmoving covered in blood.

Then A gun was pointed straight at her.

A searing pain went through her chest.

There was blood. So much blood.

Somehow with all her might she crawled to the nearest elevator.

Your faith was strong but you needed proof

You saw her bathing on the rood

Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you

She tied you to a kitchen chair

She broke your throne and she cut your hair

And from your lips she drew the hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah

By now, the hospital had been put on lockdown due to the gunman roaming the halls of the hospital. Savannah had hoped and prayed someone would find her and soon.

The doors to the elevator opened and by then Savannah was unconscious. Mark and Lexie Grey stood shocked seeing the bloodied woman lying there.

"Oh my god," exclaimed Lexie.

"Savannah!" Mark screamed in horror. He picked up her unconscious body and carried her to an empty conference room. Lexi right behind him with some supplies to try and save their colleagues life.

Savannah awoke, in an immense amount, "What happened?"

"You've been shot," Mark tells her.

"Mark, we have to get her out here. He can come back Mark. We have to get her out of here," pleaded Lexie.