Skyscraper

Sorry for the long delay in posting and the shortness of the chapter. The next chapter will be out much sooner and will be longer. Thank you to all who continue to read and favorite.

Also, I am not completely following canon but will be using storylines from different seasons.

Song is Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

"When I look in the mirror, I know I'm looking at someone who isn't sure she deserves to be loved at all."

Nicholas Sparks

Skies are crying, I am watching
Catching tear drops in my hands
Only silence as it's ending
Like we never had a chance
Do you have to make me feel like
There's nothing left of me?

Owen and Savannah were currently eating breakfast at Geraldine's Counter a local diner in Seattle. The two tried to make an effort to go out for breakfast at least twice a month.

"What's wrong?" questioned Owen nearly ten minutes after they sat down to eat.

"Nothing," Savannah shook her head as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Savannah," the older man gave her a stern look.

"I'm fine Owen."

"How's the support group going?" he changed the directory of his questions hoping to get an answer.

"It's fine."

"Sav."

"What do you want me to say?" she began, "That I don't think that I'll ever be able to move on from Logan? There are days when I feel at ease and confident that I'm going to be okay. But those days are outweighed by the bad days. I feel alone and scared and that all the things he's said to me are true." I'm not going to cry

"What have you learned from these meetings Sav?"

"That I'm a survivor."

Owen smiled, "You're a survivor."

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper

"But I'm tired of everybody treating me like I was made of glass," admitted Savannah. Seattle may be a big city, but Seattle Grace Mercy West was a city in and of itself. Everyone knows everything. Somehow word got out about Savannah's past. Though not upset people knew she felt like they were treating her different. "April's been super nice and supportive, but she keeps hugging me," Savannah let out a chuckle, "Jackson and Callie told me if I ever needed anyone to talk to, they'd be there. Hell, even Karev threatened to hurt him if he ever shows his face in Seattle again."

"What does that tell you?"

Savannah cracked a smile, "That this is my home."

As the smoke clears, I awaken
And untangle you from me
Would it make you feel better
To watch me while I bleed?
All my windows still are broken
But I'm standing on my feet

Savannah truly enjoyed the meetings; it was therapeutic for her to be able to talk to other women who had been through what she had. Like she had told Owen, there were days that she struggled. The negative thoughts and feelings outweighed the positive a lot of days. She tried to remind herself to think positive but boy that was easier said than done.

"Ladies, please welcome Jo to our group," Ashley introduced.

A shocked Savannah looked up from her seat to see a timid looking Jo Wilson standing in front of her. Jo had heard the murmurs through the hospital about Savannah but had not spoken to her coworker, so she wasn't sure if the rumors were true.