Demons

Song in this chapter is Demons by Imagine Dragons.

Forgive my lack of medical knowledge. Any info I'm using I got off the internet or saw on tv 

What a shame that a girl who once believed in fairytales and magic had to be struck by reality with demons in her mind and the fear of never being loved.

KF

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale

Savannah tossed and turned the whole night. Every time she closed her eyes she would see Logan's face. Hear his words.

You can run but you can't hide.

Those words sent shivers down her spine. She knew it was only a matter of time before he made good on those words.

The rest of the night followed the same pattern of closing her eyes only to be faced with her nightmare. A total of maybe an hour of sleep was had that night.

The next morning Savannah entered the hospital, both mentally and emotionally exhausted from the events of the previous day. Savannah wore her emotions on her sleeve so keeping her current state to herself was going to be difficult.

"Hey," Mark greeted. That gravely voice she quickly grew to enjoy. They only knew each other for a few days but that didn't matter to Savannah. There was something about him; something that made her comfortable whenever he was around. Her guard was always up when it came to men, but Mark Sloan was different.

"Hey."

"You okay?"

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

She put a smile on her face because that's what she always did, "I'm fine." I'm far from fine.

"You sure? I heard about your patient yesterday and your argument with Hunt."

Damnit Mark Sloan why do you have to be such a great guy, "Just having a bad day. I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"It's all good sunshine. Pissed off Savannah's kinda hot," he smirked.

Red flush spread across her cheeks, "Maybe I'll have to get pissed more often." What are you doing Savannah? You cant flirt with him.

"You flirting with me Young?"

"Wouldn't dream of it Sloan." You're nothing. You're pathetic. No other man will ever want you Savannah. Logan's taunting words swirled in her head. Just like that the smile on her face faded away.

"I gotta go," and with that she walked off.

Three months passed. Savannah continued to receive texts and calls from Logan. She deleted the voicemails; knowing that hearing his voice would bring back the nightmares. His text all the same; the usual threats that she knew sooner or later he would make good on. She feared he'd find her. She didn't want to leave Seattle. It had become her home, she had made friends; Owen and Callie, and then there was Mark. Mark Sloan quickly wormed his way into her thoughts and it scared her.