Back to the basics

I sighed as I woke up again after blacking out AGAIN.

I was honestly getting tired of my other powers. They haven't done me any good so far.

After taking a shower and taking care of my baby boy, I made my way into the kitchen finding it surprisingly empty.

I was in the mood for some cookies so I searched the kitchen for all the ingredients and made myself some vegan chocolate chip cookies. I wasn't a strict vegetarian but I found these cookies tasty and healthy.

The cookies took no time to make and I had them in the oven in 20 minutes. I was washing up when I felt a presence in the kitchen. I spotted a few rays of sunlight coming through the window and I used my powers to direct them to the presence behind me.

This caused them to be momentarily blinded and gave me time to turn around and kick them in the head. However as my foot was nearing its target, my hand was grabbed and I was thrown across the room.

I got up fast dodging a blender flying through the air. There was a MONSTER in front of me.

Ripped jeans shorts and tattooed skin bulging with muscles when he tore the cabinets from the wall charging at me, ready to beat me into a pulp.

I was cornered and my heart was beating rapidly. I brought some oak roots from the ground to cocoon me but the monster was beating at it rapidly and I knew it wouldn't last.

I shut my eyes and tried to keep my protection from breaking apart. The noise suddenly stopped and everything was quiet. A loud boom sound startled me and I let out a scream.

After a few seconds I heard a small knock and Hades' voice telling me I was safe now.

I brought down my protection slowly to see Hades sitting on the broken cabinet sipping some water, the monster lying dead on the floor.

"W-What is that? where were you? w-when..."

"It's okay Miss.Damsel-in-distress, I was outside working out when I heard you and Mr.Giant rearranging my kitchen"

His calm tone was annoying because my heart was still beating like a wild drum.

Seeing my face he sighed before explaining.

" That is a Laestrygonian Giant. They are big and annoying monsters that can be killed easily with a quick stab in the head"

He whistled and a man with no eyes took up the dead giant without hesitation and vanished. 

"I think your cookies are done"

I turned and walked out of the kitchen, my stomach churning and my mind scrambled.