Chapter 3-Mystery

Their house was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen

Their house was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.It looked expensive but still had that homey feeling to it.I was amazed how they both managed to get such a big house.

"Jerome,if you don't mind me asking, but what do u do?", I asked shyly.

"I work with the government".

"Oh" was all I could say.

"Welcome home!" Dani screeched in my ear.

"Why did you guys buy such a big house though?".

They bought looked at each other and it was then I knew that something was wrong.

"W-well,I was think-king--we are g-gonna-".Nothing that she was saying was making any sense.

"What she is trying to say is that she is pregnant and she will be living here with me", Jerome informed me like it was no big deal.

To say I was shocked was an understatement,I was outraged.She didn't even have the guts to tell me to my face.She is the only family that I have left and she really is just gonna leave!

"When are you moving in?"I sighed trying to control my anger.

"I already did".That one simple sentence just added gas to the fire raging in my body.

I screamed in frustration and stomped all the way to my room.The 13 yr old me would have cussed her out, maybe even give her a few good punches but my mom taught me to act lady-like and proper and don't let people see your bad side.

I smiled as the thought of my mom crossed my mind.She was so beautiful,talented and super caring.She died when I was 17 and I never knew my dad.My mom had a secret though that only I know,she is Demeter, the goddess of the harvest and agriculture.I still remember her showing me how she could make things grow with just the touch of her finger,it was amazing.

I fell asleep dreaming of green meadows and wheat.

Another chapter finished. Hooray,love u guys!!!!!!!!